1.6

k a y l e i g h

I woke up in the morning, I felt around for Zach. Except, he was gone. I lay there in the bed, curling in a ball and crying. Of course we write letters to each other but it's not the same. The only thing that keeps me going is knowing I'll be his wife. I got out of bed and went into the front room to see a two large boxes, but only one wrapped in paper. I saw a note on the side of the box. I got it and read the note.

To my beautiful princess, Kay.

What can I say about you. I need you more than free wifi, you're the light in a dark room, I cannot wait to be your groom, the day I make you my wife, will be the best day of my life. You're my perfect, beautiful baby. I don't care what anyone will say because you're my special lady. The first time I saw you my heart went numb, without you I'd probably would've given up everything, you helped me pursue my dreams, you always believed in me. I'd probably be behind bars. But instead you mended my heart of all the scars. Now I can't wait to get back and sleep in the arms of an angel. Because you're my world, Kayleigh. I love you.

I'll see you later,

Zach.

I smiled and put the letter on the floor, I unwrapped the gift and saw a rabbit cage. Happy tears streamed down my face when I opened another box to find a black rabbit. I got it out and held it, it was so soft. There was a sticky note saying 'I'm a boy.' Which I found adorable.

"You're so cute." I said and walked over to the couch and sitting down on it. I put the tv on and put on some music while. I got up and sorted the rabbit hutch out and put him inside. I turned the music up louder and started to clean. I heard my phone vibrating.

Taylor: It's time. Will you watch Kira?

Me: Sure, bring her round.

Taylor: Thanks. I'll bring her stuff, if I'm not out by today would you mind having her over night?

Me: I'll be happy to have her. See you in a bit?

Taylor: Yeah, Scott is bringing her now. ily

Me: ily2

I quickly got dressed and sorted out the spare room for Kira, she stays often so she has some toys lying around. Plus, because I haven't got any children so I'm most likely the babysitter of the group.

»«

I heard the doorbell, I went to the front door and opened it. Kira ran in, Scott passed me her things and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek before rushing off. I walked back in to see Kira at the rabbit cage. I smiled as she stuck her fingers in the little square and petted it's nose.

"Does it have a name?" She asked. Kira was a talented three year old. Coming from a long line of very, very clever people, something was bond to rub off on her. She speaks in full sentences, she can count to one hundred, her ABC's, name animals by their sounds. She has really cute blonde hair.

"Not yet, do you want to name him?" I asked and she nodded. She sat on the couch. She said she needed time to think. I made her a few snacks and placed them out on the table in the front room. By the time I came back she had already got him out and was playing with him on the rug.

"The door." She said. It sounded like she was kicking me out. I went to the door and someone span around to face me and well.... Shit.

"Yes?" I asked the person who broke my heart. My mum always said once you have one awkward encounter there will always be more. I'm guessing she's right.

"Who is it?" I heard Kira say and stand behind me. She held onto my legs staring put at Ashton. He waved at her and smiled, she happily waved back.

"Umm.. We moved in next door and we where wondering whether we could lend a lawnmower, we saw one in your yard." He said. The cheek to ask me anything.

"Who's we?" I asked. I'm a nosy.

"Oh, Rachel and I." He said and I nodded.

"You guys stayed together?" I asked.

"What can I say? We're a match made in heaven." He said and I laughed a little. Kira walked away, I think back to the rabbit.

"Come get the lawnmower." I said and he followed. Kira smiled again at Ashton. She picked up the rabbit and followed us out to the backyard. The grass had overgrown. The little tree swing was gone for the grass.

"You wouldn't mind giving my garden a trim, right?" I asked and he nodded and told me to go plug the switch in. I told Kira to take the rabbit inside and she skipped along. I plugged in the switch and walked back outside. I had a big back yard.

"So, you've got a daughter." He said and I just laughed.

"And what if I have." I laughed.

"She could've been ours."

"Get out of dream land, Ashton, you left me. She would never've been yours." I shouted and he just glared at me.

"I had to leave you!" He shouted back.

"Why?" I shouted in this shouting match.

"Do you really think a people would approve of a 24 year old man dating a 17 year old girl? Anyone that would see us together would think I was your dad." He shouted and walked closer to me.

"Please, maybe an Uncle but most certainly not my fucking dad!" I shouted and I walked back in, Kira was sat on the kitchen floor, her eyes closed tightly, she had her hands over her ears singing twinkle twinkle little star. I bent down and moved hands and she opened her eyes.

"What's wrong?" I asked her and Ashton bent down with us.

"When mummy and daddy shout, mummy says to put my hands over my ears and sing so I don't hear it." She said, I honestly felt so bad.

"Do Mummy and Daddy fight a lot?" I asked her and she nodded.

"Wait, she's not your daughter?" Ashton asked.

"You're just figuring that out now, Genius." I said sarcastically and he just glared at me and stood up to go back in the garden.

"Come on." I said picked her up. "Did you find a name for him?"

She nodded. "Yeah, Prince."

"Prince is a great name." I said and went to sit on the couch with her. She had her giraffe in her arms. She reminded me of Harry. He would've been 6 years old now.