Chapter 10: The legends and Mythes are real

^outfit for her first day & bag:)

I couldn't stop thinking about the adoption papers. And What Rebekah said about Klaus leaving to protect Hope. It must've been something big. I was curious of what else they were hiding from me, this whole family seems to be keeping a big secret and I wanted to know.

I climbed up the stairs to the attic and turned on the small light that hung from the ceiling. There were a couple of boxes up here. Some were really dusty. The first box I opened was old papers. One labeled 'Mystic falls town council: Vampire issue' and some news papers of animal attacks. It was odd how this was in here.

I remember when i was younger, dad used to tell me the usual child stories but always changed them by adding vampires and witches.
"Once upon a time there were 3 little pigs. They all needed shelter because of an attack in town. The first pig build his house of straws, the second pig build his house of sticks, and the third pig built his house of bricks.
One day the first pig heard a knock at the door. He yelled 'who is it?' they yelled back 'it is me, the big bad vampire.' I cut him off from telling the rest of the story.

"Dad there's no vampire in 3 little pigs. It was a wolf." 6 year old me explains to him.

"not in this story," he tells me. "now where were we. Ah right. The little pig yelled for it to go away. Then the big bad vampire yelled, 'little pig, little pig, let me in' the pig yelled 'not by the hair of my chinney chin chin' the big bad vampire began to be angry. 'Then i'll huff and puff and blow your house down.' and he did as said, the house of straws blew down revealing the pig. The little pig ran, but the vampire was fast and caught him. He drank his blood and went off to the next pi-"

"Dad ! that's not how it goes !" I tell him.

"hush, the vampire is about to feast on the next pig."

"daddy ! you have to tell the story right."

He clasps his hand over my mouth and continued, "The vampire went to the next house, knocking on the door. The second pig yelled, 'who is it!' then the vampire yelled 'help i've been attacked by a wolf!' the pig immediately opened the door to see the vampire all bloody. It shrieked and slammed the door shut. The vampire yelled, 'little pig little pig. Let me in.' the pig yelled 'not by the hair of my chinny chin chin'. So the vampire yelled , 'then i'll huff and puff and blow your house down.' He blew the stick house down, the second pig tried to run again but the vampire caught him as well and drank his blood."

"Are you serious?" I question him once again.

"almost done, hold on! The vampire ran to the next house and knocked. The last pig we well were of what was happening and instead of asking who it was he stayed quiet and pretended to not be home. The vampire looked through the window and saw him hiding which made him laugh. 'hahaha, i see you little pig.' the vampire was so strong he took apart the brick home. the pig yelled, 'get away you nasty vamp!' and he pulled out a stake and got him in the heart. But the vampire grabbed the pig and ate him before he died. The end." Dad smiles happily as he tucks me in the bed.

I stared at him in disbelief. "Can you tell me a normal story- and the correct way!" i tell him.

"what about... beauty and vampire- or little red riding hood and the big bad vampire-" I cut him off.

"you know what. I'm going to just go to sleep before you ruin another story." I tell him turning to my side.

"Ruin? you mean make them better. Well goodnight, little pancake, don't let the vampire s bite." he says before kissing my forehead and walking out of the room.