Chapter 9: A New Closet In Order

Xavier and I had finished our time here at the Salvatore Boarding School. We were free from hell. I was glad to leave and not return. We'd be returning to school in a couple of days.

Mom and I spent the last days of summer doing some shopping. It was mainly for school supplies, she tried to take me shopping for clothes but i asked her if it was fine if i did my shopping with aunt Rebekah. She had more taste in clothes, and I trust in this section. Mom didn't like the idea much, only because she holds a grudge against Rebekah.

Rebekah was rather happy when I called her and asked her. She flew straight over here from her New York home. She even brought her daughter, Ellie, who was about 3 years. Though while we shop, she stayed with Marcellus at their small home here in Mystic Falls.

Today we spent the day shopping for clothes. I was only planning on getting only a couple of outfits, but Rebekah insisted on buy a whole new closet.

"Yes, I understand that your closet in not big enough. That's why I had convinced your father and uncle to build you a walking in closet." She explains looking at the dress section.

I look at her confused. "how? there's no room for a walk in closet."

"your parents had an extra room that wasn't being used, so i made sure they would build that for you." she smiles. "Now let's go look at some shoes, I will not allow you to go around wearing some janky old shoes."

I look down at my shoes and back to the shoes she wanted me to get, which her heels and boots. "Aunt Rebekah, you realize i'm going into junior high, not high school."

"yes, but you must be prepared. Plus you'll look better than anyone else." She says as she excitedly put on shoes.

-----------------⊰∘⌑✿⌑∘⊱------------------
After a long day of shopping and a car full of new clothes, we both decided to go the the mystic grill to end our day with food.

As I sat in the booth, I sigh from exhaustion. "thank you so much for this, Aunt Bekah." i tell her. "If I went shopping with my mom, she'd probably take us to baby gap."

"Pleasure. As soon as I heard there was a new closet in order, I heard my heart telling me to help get away from your mothers awful taste in clothes." She says with wide eyes. "what are you going to get?" shes asks looking at the menu.

"i think i'll get the chicken Alfredo." I tell her pointing at the item on the menu.

The young waiter with black slicked back hair came over to our table. "Welcome to the Mystic grill, What drinks can i start you off with? or you both ready to order?"

"Can I get the chicken alfredo and the lasagna" She asks the waiter. She turns her head to me and asks, "do you want Pepsi?"

"yes, please."

She turns her head back to waiter. "and two pepsi's. Thank you." she says before handing him the menus.

"I'll that right to you." He says smiling at Rebekah not taking his off over her. She looked a him giving him a warning look, making him trip over his feet as he ran to the kitchen.

"Anyways. I heard you and Hope haven't been on talking terms lately." She says.

I bite my lip not really wanting to speak about this, but i was really curious of why Hope had been ignoring me. "Yeah. She's been avoiding me, I saw her once this summer but she ran out the front door." I look into her eyes. "do you know why?"

She sighs, "There's been some issues with the family. Klaus left when she was younger to protect her."

"protect her from what? how is leaving her protecting her?" I asked confused.

"It's nothing. Don't worry about. Hope will come around." She says avoiding the question.

I didn't push any further because i knew it would end in a big argument. I just say and thought about what she meant about klaus leaving to protect hope. But from what? What can possibly expect so bad he had to leave and be away from to hope to protect her.

-----------------⊰∘⌑✿⌑∘⊱------------------
As soon as we got to my house mom, dad, and stefan came outside to rebekahs SUV which was full of bags of clothes. Rebekah insisted on paying for it all because she didn't want my mom or dad to have a heart attack. But i think they still did once they saw all the bags.

"What is all this?" Mom asks with wide eyes.

"Elena, Damon... don't worry about it. The girl simply needed a new closet. Why do you think we turned the extra bedroom into a walk in closet?" Rebekah says with her arms raised.

Mom looked to dad and Stefan who both shrugged.

"I thought you were joking about buying a whole closet.." dad trails off looking at the bags again.

"You know what they say, girls love to shop." I tell them all. Rebekah laughs lightly at the comment.

Rebekah hands everyone handfuls of bags. "Come on, help out.

Everyone gave her a shocked look, but still followed as instructed. We all headed up the stairs to the my room and straight to the new closet. It was gorgeous, elegant and medium size.

"wow.... this is amazing..." i day looking around.

"alright, bring up the rest of the bags and place them here." Rebekah orders.

They all left to get the rest of the bags while Rebekah and I stayed and organized the new clothes in the closet.  She also made me get rid of a majority of my old clothes because they either "ugly" or "too childish".

After we finished putting everything away, she said her last goodbyes to us and they all left to go back home in New York.

Now I just had to worry about school. Fun.

(sorry these last two chapters were shorter than the others.)