Chapter 2: Mystic Falls

Elena's POV

Elena's POV

It was another day in Mystic Falls local Hospital. Nothing new has happened. I mean I've been working in the hospital for 2 year now. That means it's been 2 years since Bonnie found a way to unlink us and I awoke. She also found a way to bring Stefan and Enzo back, it took a few witches and some traveling, but he's back and everyone is happy and together again. I like to help people in my town. I had the option to take the cure for vampirism, instead I decided to stay a vampire- my blood can heal people, but being a vampire has its perks. I want to do whatever I can to help anyone. I guess I kinda took after Meredith Fell.

Everything seems  to be fine here in Mystic Falls. Which is odd, usually someone will come and terrorize the town or my friends. It's too good to be true, something has to be coming.

"yeah.. poor thing had to fly out 17 hours all the way here." one the nurses, Marie, said with a frown on her face. poor thing? who are they talking about?

"really? where did she come from?" the other nurse, Rose, spoke. I'm curious of who they're talking about. Is it a patient?

"I believe she came from Washington. Yeah, her family left her in an orphanage at a local hospital" the one nurse explains. A child? I wonder how old she is? I mean it's rare for this to happen- a baby being transferred to a state so far away, but why?

I couldn't help but to butt into their conversation. "who's from Washington?" I walked towards them.

"oh, I was telling Rose about a newborn who was sent over to us." Marie spoke, pulling a file out and handing it to me.

"really? when did she get here?" I take the file to see the baby's information. She was a twin? Wait- her parents kept one, but orphaned the other? That's messed up, I guess people pick their favorites and gets rid of another kid they don't want. "She has a twin... her parents abandoned her." I felt sadness, but anger took over quickly.

"wait she did- I must've missed that part." Marie looks at the file again, "like I said.. poor thing" she shakes her head. "do you want to see her, doc? If so shes down the hall, with the rest of the infants." she points in the direction.

"Yes please" I want to see her. Maybe I can help her, find a home. Marie nods her head and guides me to the room with newborn infants. There weren't many, some of the babies were taken.  All these babies had a family and a home to go to at the end of the day.

As we walk in, we heard the sound of one baby crying almost screaming. A few nurses were trying to calm the baby down, but had no luck. "There she is, lenoran- her temporary name." she says gesturing to the crying baby. She was so beautiful, I've never seen a baby so stunning and perfect.

"May I?" I asked the nurse carrying the crying baby. She places the baby in my arms, and suddenly the crying stopped. Her eyes flutter open revealing blue-green eyes. Lenoran looks at me, with a small smile. She's so precious.