Chapter 3: Her

Damon's POV

Elena walked around in the living room with a baby. "Look at her" she smiles down at the baby in her arms. "She's so precious, she's mine- ours!"

"Elena." I walk over to her, "who's baby is that? god please don't tell me you snatched it from someone. you know that poor baby has a family, right?" I raised my eyebrow at her.

No Damon! some of my coworkers were talking about how she was transferred to the hospital late last night. Her family left her for adoption" she pauses and gently strokes the baby's cheek, "so I couldn't help myself, and I saw her. Something about her just made me fall in love."

She always wanted a baby. I couldn't give her that since we're both vampires. "fine." She started to jump around excitedly, spinning the baby around. The baby woke up, looked at Elena, then to me.

"well hello there. I guess i'm gonna be your daddy." I smiled at the baby. "So what's her name?"

"she has a temporary name, Lenoran. We can change it though, when we finalize the adoption. I practically did all the paper work, so we just have one or two things left."

"Lenoran? what kind of name is that?" I look at the baby, she was really beautiful, almost too perfect to be a normal human. "wait, you said you already did all the paperwork?"

"uh... yeah!" she exclaims.

"what if I said no?"

"that's the thing, I knew you wouldn't" she smirks.

"what are you? some sort of mind reader?" I crossed my arms.

"don't act like you're not glad I signed the paperwork and brought home a baby. You probably would've done the same." she raises an eyebrow.

"Alright, but no more kidnapping."

-----------------⊰∘⌑✿⌑∘⊱------------------
Elenas POV

The night had passed. We both stayed up most of the time, admiring and discussing over our now almost daughter. We spent most of the time talking about baby names.

"Names? We need a name" I told Damon.

"right." He looks up to the ceiling. "Katherine"

"No! Are you serious, why would you say that? we're not naming our almost daughter after that monster." I say with a raised voice.

"I was kidding. how about Katelyn?" He looks at me.

"mm, no. ooo ! what about Elenour ?" I jump up excited.

"Elenour Salvatore... I don't like how it sounds." he tilts his head. "alright hand me the baby, i want to hold her now."

"awe, let me take a picture. We have to capture moments like this." I grab my phone and took a picture of both of them together, then another of all three of us. As i was showing Damon the pictures, i notice something. "Damon look. she smiled in this one!"

"awe our first family picture." he says. "alright back to names. Clarise?"

"no" I looked at the baby again. "Ivy, Ivy Salvatore."

"hm... I do like that. Ivy Salvatore." He looks at our almost daughter, who was awake now. "you like that? Ivy Salvatore?" a smile spreads across her face and she giggles. "I think we have a winner."

"Ivy Salvatore, it is!" I exclaimed. I look at Damon, he was playing with Ivy. Both so happy, makes me happy that I have my very own family.

Ivy was still sleeping, as well as Damon. She was sleeping in a portable crib Caroline had in the attic. Her girls are 3, they have new beds so they can grow into them. I'm sure she wouldn't mind me using this. She probably would be excited for me and Damon.

Stefan, Caroline, and the girls took a trip New Orleans for a play date with Klaus' daughter, who is the same age as the twins. Caroline still care very much for Klaus, they're friends now. Klaus moved on from his crush on Caroline, he's dating some blonde named Camille. She's helped him be the best he could for his daughter, good for him, I'm just glad he got over terrorizing us.

The house was very still, Ivy's breathing was calming. With my vamp hearing, I heard the front door open, then the twins running in and Caroline yelling for them to calm down. I couldn't just fall back to sleep, Ivy was still sleeping, so i took this opportunity to take a shower and get dressed.

As soon as I wrapped my body in a towel, Caroline comes into the bathroom holding a wide awake Ivy in her arms. "Now, who is this little angel?" She looks at me. "You didn't kidnap her did you? Elena, I know you want a child, but you can't just steal babies."

Just as she said that Stefan walked by and stood next to Caroline in the doorway. "Where'd that baby come from?" He furrowed his brows. "Did you kidnap a baby when we were gone?"

"why does everyone think I kidnapped her??"

"well- we know you can't have kids, so you probably just decided to kidnap her, and I don't blame you. It's just shes got a family." Caroline goes on.

I move my hand to my head, slightly shaking it. "No, I did not kidnap her. And she happens to be my daughter- well soon to be, until i officially sign off the adoption papers, she'll be my daughter." i tell them as I walk out of the bathroom and into my room.

Caroline and Stefan both followed me in my room. Caroline was squealing in excitement. "Congrats! have you guys decided on a name?" Both of the twins ran in the room staring at the Ivy.

"actually, yes, her name is Ivy." I force a smile trying to be polite before attempting to kick them out. "do you mind. I have to get dress."

Damon was awake from all the noise. He got up and took Ivy out of Caroline's arms. "Mine." He states before walking back to the bed.

Caroline raised a brow, "and that's gonna be her father?" she points at Damon. "That poor child." They all walk out of the room finally.

"rude." Damon looks at me. "she called me a 'that'."

I shake my head and close the door to change. I can't wait to tell everyone about Ivy. She'll finally meet everyone hopefully today.

-----------------⊰∘⌑✿⌑∘⊱------------------

Damon and I went to the hospital and signed off on the final paperwork. We made Ivy our daughter. The newest Salvatore.

As soon as we got home, Caroline was waiting for us. She invited bonnie and Enzo over. I assume she already told her the news because they both jumped over to me. Bonnie was squealing over Ivy. Ivy looked just as surprised as I was.

"She's so adorable." Bonnie pokes Ivys nose. "Can I hold her?"

"I- Sure!" I placed Ivy in her arms. Bonnie cradled her, kept telling her how cute she was.

"Well, mate. We should celebrate you becoming a father over a couple of beers." Enzo tells Damon, with an arm around his shoulder.

Stefan just nods his head and joins the two of them.

Caroline looked at me and said, "we have to shop and set up her room."

Bonnie smile widely when Caroline said that. I guess it's time to prepare for Ivy.