Chapter 18: Decade Dance

August
I arrived back on campus. School would begin in only a couple of days. I like to be early to things, not only that, but I want to research Malivore.

I placed Hopes boxes under my bed. The one thing I kept on of hers, was a Mikaelson crest ring. For some reason I felt close to her. All summer I tried to do Location spells on Hope, But it led me to the place that Alaric found Landon. He said no one else was there. It was odd, why would it led me there?

I tried to see visions of Hope on my own, but all I would see is the darkness and that guy that she was with. It was like Malivore was hiding her from me now.

Josie spent her summer with Landon, they've gotten quite close. They claim to be "Just Friends" but they couldn't fool us.

It upset me though. I knew how much Hope loved and cared about Landon. And to see him with Josie, It hurts. I know Hope would be hurt.

Today with the 30th that I would try a location spell. I couldn't give up. I sat in my room I used to share with Hope, beginning the location spell.

I focused, nothing again. Crap. I feel like i'm letting Hope down.

I ran out of the room and into the forest to the little building that Landon and Josie hung out at. There weren't a lot of options of people to hang out with. I decided to bug them since there was nothing left to do for now.

Just as I got there, they were standing in front of the sheet where the movie played, kissing. My jaw dropped. I suspected something between them, I just couldn't believe it. They didn't know of course- about Hope. They were filling a hole they didn't know they both had.

I stood in the woods, frozen from the shock. Then at the corner of my eyes I saw her. Hope was there, across from me, on the other side of the woods.

Her eyes flickered with pain as she also watched the pair, tears glistening on her cheeks. I ran to my right, away from Landon and Josie's view. I ran to catch up with Hope who was now walking away. I touch her shoulder. She look over should to face me.

"Hope." I say in a whisper.

She stared in disbelief. "H- how do you know me?"

"Hope, You're my friend... my family. Of course I know you." I explain to her tears forming in my eyes.

I felt her arms wrap around me, holding me in a tight hold. "You remember me.." I returned the tight hold. "But how?"

"I'm not sure, i've been asking around about you since the first day you've left though. That's when I discovered something was wrong." I tell her still holding her. Tears began to roll down. I missed her, she was the sister I never had. We always had a great bond. None of my friends could ever compare to our relationship, nor could Lizzie and Josie.

"Weird." She says with a croak voice. "I have to go."

I let go of her from my arms to look at her directly. "Go where? You're home is right here at this school with me."

She wiped some of her tears, "Ivy, I can't stay here. No one knows me, plus it hurts too much to be here."

I began to feel an ache in my chest. She would leave me alone again. "No... please." My voice breaks.

She just shook her head.

"I'll go with you." I say to her. I'd go anywhere with her. She needs me, she's alone right now. She's hurt.

"No," She pauses and looks behind me, wincing at the view of the pair behind us, kissing. "As much as I love you, Ivy... I just need to be alone." She began to walk away.