Chapter 29: A Game

The Cullen's were gone for good

The Cullen's were gone for good. Mom and dad had ran them out of town. They went to wherever their hole was, far away I hope.

It's been peaceful since, everything was back to normal for all of us. Though some of us seemed to struggle with personal problems or some sort of trauma, but we would work through them together.

"Some of us process these traumas by suppressing what happened." Emma says breaking me out of my thoughts. "For others, it's easier to bury it deep inside and pretend like nothings happened at all."

Only a few of us sat in this gym together. Those who were involved in every single thing that seems to happen in this school. Hope, the twins, MG, Rafael, and I.

"Still, others may take a different route, such as.."

"Pushing people away in an attempt to self-isolate?" Hope interrupts. "Because everyone they love is in perpetual danger, which often results in them becoming perpetually dead. See? there. That's it. That's my therapy. Can I go now? because Landons outside trying to fly and could use a spotter."

Emma looks at Hope, with a surprised expression. She crosses her arms and takes a couple steps forward to us. "I'm afraid not, Hope, because the point is we can all do better at processing the traumas we've been through." She says i'm her normal voice. "Which is why Dr. Saltzman has asked me to conduct a special group lesson today." She says loudly for all of us to hear.

"Hmm? mm-mm" MG shakes his head in disagreement.

I slumped in my chair from boredom. I'd rather be anywhere else right now.

Josie sighs. While Hope had a annoyed expression.

"I, for one, could really use this, and I would appreciate everyone's support." Lizzie speaks up.

I snicker under my breath. "Is Lizzie some sort of teacher now?" I say lowly to Hope. She giggles.

"I'm sorry, do you guys have a problem?" Lizzie asked irritated. A sour look on her face.

I shook my head and pursed my lips to keep from laughing. "No problem here, Ms. Lizzie."

She rolled her eyes and turns her attention back to Emma.

"Honestly, I don't know why I'm here, but i'm down to help." Mg says breaking the tension in the room.

"You will all have an important role to play in this simulation." Emma speaks up. I had no clue what she was talking about and didn't even want to be here, it seems like no one else did. "Oh, stop looking at me like that. It'll be fun."