Chapter 37: Pre- Battle

We had finished up early at the clearing

We had finished up early at the clearing. We went straight to the compound while the mikaelsons went out someone. It was only my parents and I. We were left alone in the large home. I went straight to my room and turned on the tv that hung from the wall at the end of the bed. The first thing I clicked was some paranormal and alien activity show.

Mom opened my door and poked her head in. "Hey." She says. "You gonna be in here until the Mikaelsons get back?" She asked.

"Yeah. This shows quite interesting." I take a quick glance at her and turn my attention back to the tv. "These people tell their stories about their experiences, and they have actors reenact them. I think I just found my new favorite show." I tell her.

She chuckles at me. "Well don't get into any trouble. I'll be in my room." She exited and closed the door once more.

This show had episodes that go on for at least 59 minutes. They were all fascinating. Every story was different. Who would've thought ghosts and aliens were such mean creatures. They never mentioned one thing about vampires or witches. They have no clue.

After spending at least 2 hours watching this show. I got up and walked down the hallway to my parents room. The tv was still playing at a high volume. I quietly walked to their room to scare them. I placed my hand on the doorknob and turned it slowly. I swung the door open, preparing to shout at them. "BOO- Ah! OH MY GOD." I screamed at the top of my lungs.

They both screamed back at me. Mom was completely naked on top of dad, who was handcuffed to the bed. I ran as fast as I could back to my room. As soon as I got in, I slammed the door shut and used a spell to seal a lock so no one could enter. I never thought this day would come. The day a child always feared... walking in on their parents doing some freaky ass shit in bed.

I crawled back into my bed, my jaw still dropped. And went back to watching the show. I didn't know what else to do. It was too much to process. I was traumatized for the rest of my life.

Moments later someone was knocking on my door. "Ivy please open the door." Mom says.

"No. uh-uh. Not now, not ever." i say. I held my legs close to chest as I started at the tv. I felt embarrassed to even face my parents again at this point. I was going to have to ask Hayley or Rebekah to just adopt me so I wouldn't have to worry about facing them.

"Don't be so dramatic, Ivy. It happens, it's completely normal." Dad joins in.

I scoff at the two. "You guys are disgusting. Why would you do that with me in the same house as you? And not only that, but knowing about tomorrow." That's the part i don't understand, is how they could even do that with the sort of events that is currently happening. Just thinking about it- the world could be ending and they'll probably still do that.