Chapter 49: Hope ahead

"You're going to quit?!"

Jungkook cringed at Jimin's loud voice. All heads in the room turned towards them. Jungkook had just come out of Namjoon's office and Jimin stopped him right in front of it.

I twisted my body as to see them as well; Lisa did the same as she sat besides me.

Jungkook seemed nervous. He glanced around the room and hushed Jimin. "Hyung! Tone it down."

Jimin covered his mouth and then started whispering into his ear. Muttering something, Jungkook grabbed him by the arm and dragged him upstairs.

Lisa immediately turned towards me.

"Jungkook is quitting?"

I opened my mouth but no sound came out. Lisa glared at me. "Y/n, speak up!"

"I-I don't know..."

She arched a brow. "Are you really going to give me that crap?"

I pouted. "I swear, I didn't know!"

Her frown slowly faded and turned into more of a worried expression. "Really?"

I felt my eyes sting. "No..." I mumbled, sucking in my lip.

She looked at me with a sorry look and patted my shoulder. Her eyes went behind me and they lit up immediately. "Oh..."

Curious, I followed her vision and turned around. It was Jungkook and Jimin coming back down, now much more calm.

As they reached, Jimin went pass him, with his shoulders slumped. Jungkook rubbed his neck, seemingly tired. I felt really bad for him. He looked like a panda with those big dark circles under his eyes.

Deciding to have a talk with him, I got up and marched towards him. Seeing me arrive, he forced a small smile.

"Hey."

It was a very pathetic greeting but I still smiled back at him. "Hey, how are you?"

His eyes wandered around, uninterested. "...Good."

I tilted my head. "You don't look good."

He smiled shyly and lowered his head. "Ah, just a bit tired, I guess."

Watching him for a moment, I considered that maybe he didn't want to talk about it here. Taking a step closer, I took his hand. He looked at me confused but eventually understood when I gestured towards the door. When he didn't object, I walked out the door, dragging him behind me.

Once out, I let him go and he took a few steps further, placing his hands inside his jeans' pockets.

"Are you very busy?" I asked, approaching him from behind.

He shook his head. "No, I'm free. I don't have any classes so I've got plenty of free time."

"Then why are you in such a state?"

He sighed, closing his eyes for a little moment. "I guess... I just can't sleep. I'm too anxious."

Stopping at his side, I crossed my arms over my chest. We both kept on looking at the road.

"You're quitting theatre?" I asked sadly.

He nodded. "I found a job. It was supposed to be a part-time job but they agreed on letting me do full-time as well."

Oh. Well wasn't that good news? I didn't know how to react to that. It was obviously good, but then... He was giving up his hobby for it.

"...Is it worth it?"