Chapter 15: Pathetic

"It's all thanks to you. You're a good teacher."

Like a thermometer suddenly put into hot oil, my face flushed red in a flash.

Oh my God, what even is happening? Why is Jungkook's arm around me? Why is he smiling at me so beautifully? Why did he have to send my heart into a frenzy and make me physically unable to think and act like a normal reasonable person?

What in the world?

"Uh, I, Yeah-" The heat spread from my face to my ears, which definately had to be a dark shade of pink right now. "Uhm, I mean, y-your welcome?"

And then he started walking, pulling me along with him since his arm hadn't moved an inch from where it sat on my shoulder.

My shoulder, my shoulder, my freaking shoulder.

I stared down at his hand that hung from my shoulder.

What a pretty hand. Firm, smooth skin, long and slender fingers- with a ring on the little and middle one- and... what a beautiful, strong forearm, so veiny-

"-and that. Don't you think, Y/n?"

"Huh?" I shook out of my thoughts. What just happened?

"I said, give me your number. Rather than asking you to come to my house each time it'll be easier to just send you my questions. What do you say?" He took his arm off and I felt a huge disappointment but then realised the weight of his words.

What!

Whaaat??? He wants my number ! Oh my deliciousfudgybrownie-

"G-great! It's a good idea!" I shut my conscience up. Clumsily, I got my phone out and searched my phone number. "Here it is. You taking note?"

He hummed, nodding along while opening his own phone. He wrote my number down as I enumerated it out to him. Once we done, we both stored our phones back and he smiled. "I should really get going now. Jisoo must be waiting for me."

I forced a tight-lipped smile at Jisoo's name, the bad feeling from earlier burning my insides again. Ignoring how fake my expression was, Jungkook playfully bumped my shoulder and went ahead of me, leaving me alone in the corridor.

---------------------------------------------

The dim lights of the street lamps tilted on, illuminating the houses and my room as well. Only then did I realise that the sun had gone to sleep. I checked the time on the clock hanging from the wall in front of my bed and my eyes widened.

" 8pm already?" I whispered to myself as I got up, placing my laptop on the mattress, and turned the light switch up, lighting up my room. "How come mom didn't call me down for dinner?"

opening the door to my room, I stepped into the small corridor. Holding the ramp of the staircase, I leaned a bit over.

"Mom?" I yelled, wondering why I hadn't heard of her since a came home. My mom is very loud, so naturally I got worried. "Mom!"

After a while, though, relief flood over me when I saw her form appear from the salon, frowning. "Why the heck are you yelling? What is it?"

"Oh, there you are." I smiled and she rolled her eyes, sighing. "It's 8 already, you didn't call me for dinner?"

"Your dad said he'd bring pizza on his way home, so I didn't cook anything."

My face lit up at the sound of having pizza tonight. "When is he coming?"