Chapter 19: The dress

"I'm leaving!" I yelled while putting on my shoes. As I stood straight again to open the front door, my mom hurriedly marched out of the kitchen, stopping me.

"Y/n, Y/n!" I turned around and nodded, signaling her that I was listening. "Can you come early?"

"Why?" I arched a brow.

"I may have invited the neighbours over for dinner." She gave me a sheepish smile, while I only gave her a disapproving look. Not that I mind having guests over, but I made it clear to my mom when entering university that she had to consult me before deciding anything like that. I gladly helped her when I had time. But right now, I did not have time.

Not only was our presentation in less that a week, the end of the first semester was close as well, meaning that exams were less than a month away!

"Mom!" I groaned. She very much knew what my reaction was going to be, her expression told me so.

"Don't worry! It's not the whole family, it will only be Mrs. Jeon and maybe one or two of the kids."

"That's not the issue." I rolled my eyes. "I really can't. I have classes and then we have another rehearsal. I can't come home before 6pm at least."

She pouted, her shoulders dropping. "Oh come on, please my little baby?"

I furrowed my brow.

"No, I really can't." I replied, not giving in to her emotional manipulation.

When realising it wasn't going to work, her expression changed into an annoyed one in the matter of seconds.

"Fine, then. Get lost! You useless child!" She exclaimed, walking towards the salon. "Be careful on your way!"

I couldn't hold a chuckle in. Opening the door, I looked over my shoulder one last time.

"I love you too! Bye!"

---------------------------------------

"Does it look good on me?" I held the fabric of the dress in my hands, lifting it up and doing a little twirl in front of the mirror.

It was a beautiful, voluminous 17th century french dress. The main fabric was a green coloured silk, with a discreet but luxurious golden floral pattern mixed with golden silk that joined the green. The sleeves were nearly off-shoulders, falling into these big puffs, tightened in the middle of my arm with a golden bow. Oh! Bows! There were in fact, lots and lots of bows! Two on each sleeve, another one right at the pointy edge where the upper-body met the lower body and a few more as the dress flowed down. Although I felt like most of chest was too exposed, Hoseok reassured me that I'd be able to add a few necklaces and that my big wig would also cover a lot of my naked shoulders.

"Perrrrfect!" Hoseok clapped in a seal-like way, his smile bigger than his heart. "You look beautiful! This will be the second dress."

As lucky as I could get, I was getting the chance to wear not one, but two dresses in one show! The reason being that I would be wearing another, more simpler dress for the most part of the play but for the last scene where I would need to lure Tartuffe in, I would change into this one.

"Thank you, Hobi!" I excitedly responded, feeling like a child who just got her princess dress. "You did a great job, I'm amazed!" Well the dresses weren't authentic. I'm probably sure this wasn't real silk. But Hoseok just needed to make sure they'd look the same, and he always did.

"I know!" He laughed loudly, after patting his own shoulder.

I twirled some more, not being able to stop myself from smiling. Hoseok really outdid every time with his costumes and gosh was I a sucker for historical dresses!

"Can I go show it to Lisa?" I looked up at him with big eyes, hoping he didn't want to keep the costumes a surprise.

"Of course! Go ahead! And call her up at the same time, everyone has to try on their costume today." He patted me on the shoulder, walking to his other costumes hanging from a stall.

Nonetheless to say, I rushed off as soon as he said that and practically flew through the corridor that joined the main hall to the dressing room. We were going to be at this hall for the week, until the last presentation, so it took me longer to reach the hall room, as the building was bigger. At our club, Hoseok's dressing room was just beside the toilets, in front of Joon's office, so when we tried out costumes over there, we just needed to take a left from the door and everyone could see!

After about five minutes, I reached the hall. Pulling open the heavy doors to the stage-room, I shouted when entering.

"Lisaaa!"

At the sound of her name, my best friend looked up. She was sitting down on the stage's floor, legs crossed, probably tired after our rehearsal we did just a moment ago. As soon as her eyes fell on me, her face brightened up and she stood up at the speed of light.

"Oh my God!" She exclaimed while approaching me with big steps. "Wow, this is amazing!" She reached to touch the dress immediately, feeling the fabric and looking at it up and down in pure astonishment.

"I know, right? By the way, Hoseok called you too! Everyone's trying theirs out today!" Her eyes widened and she smiled so big I wanted to tease her about her teeth nearly falling out. "Go, quickly!" I pushed her and giggling, she left the stage.

"Oh wow!" I turned around at the voice, coming face to face with Jimin. Alongside him stood Taehyung, Felix, Jisoo and Jungkook. Everyone looked surprised at the dress. Jimin couldn't resist from touching a bow on my arm. "You look so pretty, Y/n!"

"Thank you!" I giggled, feeling a tad bit shy from the attention.

"No but really, this dress is beautiful." Jisoo added, coming closer and checking the whole thing out from up close. "Hoseok is already done with the costumes?"

"Yes! He said everyone would get to try them on today!"

"Really?" Taehyung's grin widened. I barely nodded in response that he pushed Jimin aside and ran out in direction of the dressing room.

"Hey! Taehyung, wait! I wanna try mine too!" Jimin shouted, running off behind him.

"I can't wait to try on mine!" Jisoo grabbed both Felix and Jungkook's arms and pulled them along her. "Let's go guys!"

"Have fun!" I shouted, catching only the attention of Jungkook, who looked over his shoulder and hastily showed me a thumb up.

"Well, well, look what we've got here!" I turned around, seeing Joon and Jin walking towards me. Joon put his pen in his chest pocket, closing the script file he was holding.

"How do I look?" I did a small historical maiden bow when they reached me. Joon clapped.

"Beautiful." He complimented, tilting his face sideways to see the behind of the dress.

"Wah, Hoseok did a nice job." Jin felt the fabric, grazing his hand over my arms. "I'm impressed."

"Where did the others go?" Joon asked, looking around the sudden empty stage.

"They went to try on their costumes." I informed him.

Jin then suggested that we three joined the rest as well and so we left the stage room as well. As we were walking through the hall, Jungkook came in from the opposite door, running.

"Hyung!" He stopped when he reached us, standing beside Joon. "Hobi hyung forgot one bag with two costumes at the club. Can I have the key so I can quickly drive to the club and go get it?"

"Oh, of course." Joon nodded, his free hand going into his pants' back pocket. Taking out the key, he dropped it into Jungkook's open palm. "Be careful not to lose it. And don't forget to close the club when you leave."

He nodded like a little boy and I, like always, got lost in my dreams staring at him. When his eyes shifted to my face, I flinched out of my stance, giving him an awkward smile.

His lips stretched out wide.

"Y/n, would you like to come with me?"

------------------------------------------