Chapter 30: His side: part 1

"Can't I move in with them?" I pleaded, walking behind my father. In his black work suit, my father moved around in his bedroom, an opened file in his hands and his glasses over his head.

Sighing, my father closed the file and placed it on his desk. He turned around to face me, placing his hands in the pockets of his pants.

"Jungkook, why would you want to bother your aunt and uncle like that? You have a car for a reason."

He pushed the rolling chair aside and rested his lower back against his desk, leaning on it and crossing his arms over his chest.

"I-I know, dad. But it'll save me a lot of time. It takes me about an hour to two to reach my club."

"Just give up that damn theater club, Jungkook. Isn't it about time you moved on to something more effective and useful?"

My eyes widened, panick taking over my body. Discussions like these with my father were always nerve wreaking, every time. My body would start trembling and my heart would pump like it was his last beats. Exhaling loudly, I pressed my hands together.

"I-no... I can't. I really like-"

"Theater? Nonsense, Jungkook! It hasn't even been a year since you've started it!"

"I-I know b-but-" I licked my lower lip, inhaling a big breath. "But dad, I really like doing shows, I'm really good at it. I would like to invest more time in it."

My dad eyed me up and down, his eyebrows crashing together. Closing his eyes, he pinched the bridge of his slender nose, sighing. "What is there at that damn club that got you so addicted to it?"

My mouth was left hanging, my mind going blank for a second. "N-no particular r-reasons... Th-theater is f-fun and I guess the m-members are nice too..." I tried my best to answer the unexpected question. I had prepared myself for the ones before but this was a sudden new one and it caught me off-guard.

I nearly lost my control. I somehow thought he had guessed it.

My dad groaned. He took off his glasses with one hand and passed the other in his black-grey hair. "Fine, then."

My heart nearly jolted out of my chest. I looked up at him immediately, showing a grateful smile.

"But I will have to talk to my sister before this."

"Oh, aunt Nana is o-okay with it!" I excitedly answer, restraining myself from jumping up.

"Still, I'll have to ask her and her husband as your father." He insisted, the frown still on his face. I nodded, joining my hands behind my back. "And I'll have to make some things clear with them, like keep a check on you."

My hands separated and came to hang on my sides. "Check?"

My father stood straight, walking over to his bed and sitting down on, elegantly crossing one leg over the other. He clasped his fingers together and shot me a strict glare. "Let's make things clear, Jungkook. I don't want you distracted over there, okay?"

Listening to him, I joined him to the bed, stopping before him. He continued:

"I want perfect grades. Do you understand? Perfect grades. If I see your notes going down I'm having you leave all your activities, be it sport or that theater club. No partying around, no fooling around or whatever. Studies before everything else, is that clear?

I gulped but nonetheless nodded, responding with a soft 'yes'. His conditions just meant that the situation mustn't be different than it was here.