Chapter 10: Cowards

[Edited]

"I like you."

I stood firmly in front of him, my hands clasped together and my eyes fixed on his.

I felt as my heart was going to burst out of my body and I really hoped that he couldn't hear it, I was embarrassed enough.

An uncomfortable silence fell upon us when neither of us spoke up. Sweat started covering most of my body, making it harder for me to stay in one place. However, I kept on watching him and him me. I couldn't decifer any kind of emotion from his doe-eyed face. Was he shocked? Was he thinking? Was he stopping himself from laughing?

I couldn't tell, it looked like he was doing all of the three actions above.

After what seemed like hours, he finally reacted. He jolted up, flinching.

"YEET!"

I froze hearing the most peculiar answer to a confession.

"Y-yeet?" I asked, tilting my head. Maybe I heard him wrong?

Jungkook's eyes were wide open, his mouth parted in a big 'O' shape. He was quit shocked. Now I saw it clearly.

"Jungko-"

"Jungkook! We're leaving!" His aunt's voice beamed through the house.

Jungkook's head snapped to the door before turning back to face me. For a small instance, we looked at each other in panic.

It was too soon.

"Jungkook, I-" I took a step closer but froze when he took one backwards. I met his confused gaze and he immediately looked away.

Without saying anything further he raced inside the house, leaving me dumbfounded in the backyard.

-------------------------------------

"So, let me resume this." Lisa said, placing her drink down on the table.

The weekend had passed quickly and we were back to monday. Lisa and I had just gotten out of class and we both decided to have coffee before heading to the club.

It didn't her too long to notice that something was off, so she insisted, more like dragged me to the nearest shop and forced the words out of my mouth.

"Jungkook turned out to be your neighbour's nephew and he came to have dinner at your house." She spoke to herself, trying to chronologically order the events. "You two behaved like little brats the whole night-" Her hand came up to stop me before I could say anything in my defense; "And then you freaking confessed?!"

"Lis-"

"And he said what!" She yelled, earning looks from other customers, "He said 'Yeet'?! YeEt??? What the hell!"

"Lisa! Shut up, please!" I begged her, hiding my face in my hands.

Lisa huffed and took a big gulp of her liquid. I watched her as she rolled her head, sighing. She then sat straight, looking deep into my soul.

"You, miss, are a disgrace to women."

I frowned, very offended by her comment. "What? Why!"

"It was too soon to confess, you butthead! Who confesses in a moment like that?!"

"He caught me! I didn't have any choice but to admit it!"

"Oh my God you are so dumb!" She shouted.