Chapter 23: Comfortable

I'm so sorry I forgot we were Sunday yesterday T-T, and this was a heart-fluttering episode too at that...

With my hand in his, he stood tall. His expression was firm, his jaws clenched. At the sudden sight of him, I became flustered, my eyes glued to his face.

Leaning down, he glared at the driver.

"Leave by yourself or I'm calling the cops." He threatened the poor man.

Frowning, I looked in between the two of them.

"Huh? But Jungkook," I pointed a finger at the driver, "He said my parents called-"

"I was with them for the past two hours, they never called anyone." He cut me off, his voice loud. Feeling nervous because of his angry state, I shut my mouth and looked down at my feet.

"Hey you kid, I was taking her ho-"

"I'll be doing that so you can fuck off."

My eyes widened.

Wow, Jungkook swore. Oh, Wow.

'how hot.'

I shook my thoughts away, repressing the devilish smirk that wanted to take over. It really wasn't hard to do when Jungkook glared down at me, making me gulp.

Looking around I realised the cab had gone and we were the only ones left.

"Let's go." He firmly stated, pulling me along him as he started walking in his fast pace.

"How did you know I was here!" I exclaimed, looking at the back of his head. His shot me a quick glare over his shoulder, I didn't know why though.

"You should ask yourself what would've happened if I wasn't here!"

"What?"

He stopped suddenly and I bumped into his back. Turning around to face me, he crossed his arms over his chest and only then did I notice a grocery bag hanging from his right hand.

"Oh, you were doing gro-"

"You are an idiot!" I flinched at his harsh tone, my little smile vanishing and eyes widening in fear. As I continued looking at him confused, he only got angrier. "Do you even use your brain here and there? What were you thinking getting inside that cab!"

"I-I... He said-" I let his words sink in, chills running down my back. A bad felling settled down in my lower belly and I gulped. Oh gosh, He was right. That man looked so suspicious, especially the way he held my wrist. Unconsciously, I caressed that same wrist. It felt really uncomfortable.

Oh my God, was I about to get in the car of a possible killer? Rapist? My body shivered at the thought.

"Whatever he said!" He yelled. I smacked my lips shut, looking at our feet. "How can you believe him? Are you that stupid? He was freaking trying to kidnap you! What would you have done! How irresponsible can you be! You dumbhead!"

He was right. How idiot could I be?

Feeling tears welling up in my eyes, I clenched my hands into fists. I kept my head hanging low, plunging my teeth in my lower lip.

Here we go again, fighting. Right when I thought we were past this phase, he was yelling at me a new. I hated these moments, I hated the way it made me feel, I hated it because I believed every word he said.

"What an idiot!" He groaned, bringing his free hand to his forehead, sighing in annoyance. I rolled my hands into fists.

"So what!"

Bringing his hand back down to his side, he shifted his attention back on to me. His eyes slightly widened when they met mine.

With a frown on his face, he watched my overwhelmed expression. Tears blurring my vision, I loosely punched his chest.

"So what if I'm an idiot?! You should have just let me be then! Why bother with me if I annoy you so much?!"

Breathing heavily, I paused to analyse his reaction. The frown was still there but his eyes were definitely alert. There was a slight surprise due to my outburst. I closed my eyes shut to calm myself, letting a few tears flow freely, before glaring at the man in front of me. He looked perplexed, as if he was searching for words but I cut him to it.

"I agree, okay? I am an idiot, I'm brainless, I don't think, I'm very much useless." My voice wavered. Jungkook's expression softened. "I'm such an idiot that I was focused on how to pay for that cab instead of figuring out that he might have been a criminal! I know it was dumb of me! I panicked and I am still thinking about what might have had happened if I did end up going with him and it scares me to the bones! I'm trembling and shaking at my thoughts and what I don't need right now is you yelling at me! I get it, okay!"

I wiped my tears with my sleeve, sniffing.

There I go, crying uncontrollably. I just needed my parents now, I had to get home.

"Y/n I-" He tried to say something but I shook my head, letting him know I didn't want to hear anything anymore.

"Thank you for saving me, Jungkook." Replacing my bag strap correctly over my shoulder, I tried to walk pass him but just as fast his hand gripped my arm, making me turn back towards him.

I was about to ask him to let me go right this instant but my words got lost in my throat when I was engulfed into a big hug, the sound of his grocery bag dropping to the ground resonating in the empty street. His arms went around my shoulders, one of his hand pushing my head against his chest. Heart thundering, my trembling hands weakly held his jacket's sleeves.

"Hey... I- I'm just..." He whispered, trying to find words but in the end gave up. He sighed and I felt my heart skip a beat just by the feel of his breath against my forehead. "I'm sorry."

I sharply inhaled, heat rising up to my face. Jungkook leaned further down and placed his chin on top of my head.

"You are right... I-I should comfort you instead of yelling at you, I'm just... I got mad because I... I got scared for you too. I'm really sorry."

My fingers slowly let go of the fabric of his leather jacket and I lowered my arms. Hesitatingly, I gripped the sides of his waist.

"I'm thankful I was here. I'm so damn relieved you are safe." His arm slid down to my back and pulled me closer. My heart was ready to jump out of its cage. "You are safe."

My eyes watered in the span of a second and I hugged him back fully. Starting with a few sniffs, I ended up crying my heart out on his chest whilst he continuously patted my back and head.

'Great. Now I don't even know if I'm crying tears of joy or sadness.'

Closing my eyes, I inhaled his nice perfume, the feeling of peace taking over my whole body and relaxing my tensed muscles.

I wanted to cry even more being in his comfortable arms, I never thought I'd be able to experience such a thing. He was so gentle and this was the closest we ever got. The thought only made me cry harder.

Even after a moment, when my tears dried up, my heart rate didn't go down.

God, Jeon Jungkook is so addicting.

His hand that was caressing the back of my head suddenly patted it instead.

"Are you feeling better? Shall we go?"

I shook my head. "Just a little bit more, I don't want my parents to see my face."

He hummed in agreement. A small smile danced on my lips and I locked my hands behind his back.

Oh, what do I do?

I don't ever want to let him go.

-----------------------