Chapter 7: Conflict

"Y/n is making moves˜." Jin sang in my ears for the nth time today. I sighed, annoyed.

"I am NOT making moves, Seokjin."

"Tehee, she's totally making moves!" He leaned back to whisper in Namjoon's ear, who sat next to him.

"Jin! Are you done? I'm trying to concentrate here!" I shouted.

"Okay, sweety. I won't bother you anymore." He said in between laughs.

I glared at him, before shifting my attention back to my script. But the constant snickering of this fake maknae was getting on my nerves. When he poked me once more, I hit him with my script. I had enough.

"Jin! Stop it!"

"Spell it!"

"I'll kill you!" I said before jumping on him, my hands going straight for his neck.

"God! Jin! Y/n! Stop this!" Namjoon got up and pulled me back. I wiggled in his grasp, looking like a fish out of water. Why was he so tall?

"Calm down, will you?!" He yelled at me, keeping me up in the air. I tried releasing his hold around my waist.

"Yes, now let me down! It's too high!" I begged. Joon huffed and plopped me down.

"Immature brat!" The oldest dared to say. I shot him a glare.

"Enough, Jin!" Namjoon put up his hand, signaling both of us to shut up.

"I was just congratulating Y/n for maturing the heck up and deciding to play the original instead of my censored version." Jin stated, calmly crossing his legs.

"Well, thank you, very much." I replied, sarcasm obvious.

"If I were you, I'd already be all up on Jungkook, rehearsing that interesting scene." He teased.

"Yes, of course you would." I smirked, and Jin's eyes went wide.

"You sneaky-"

"Enough!" Namjoon interrupted us again. He looked at me; "Y/n, out of our room, now." I sighed and gathered my stuff. "And Jin, we need to talk."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was sitting on the floor, doing nothing but looking at my two friends, rehearsing their scene. I was supposed to be memorizing my text, but since my fight with Jin, I wasn't in the mood anymore. So I was just killing my time, seeing how the others were doing. They were quit bothered at first that I was just staring at them play, so I proposed to help them instead. My script was flipped to the second act's third scene, the one Lisa and Tzuyu were rehearsing.

Tzuyu, who was portraying Dorine, Lisa's maid, was scolding our cute Mariane for not standing up to her father. In the previous scene, Orgon, the father, had asked of Mariane to cancel her engagement with Valère, and marry Tartuffe. And even though Mariane was in love with Valère, she didn't refuse because it was her father's orders.

"...Tell him one doesn't love by someone's orders! Tell him you'll marry for yourself, not him! You are the one the man's supposed to please, not your father! If he is so charmed by his friend Tartuffe, then tell him to marry him himself! No one will stop him!" Tzuyu said, like a girl counseling her best friend after a break-up.

"To me, my father's words are absolute. I couldn't dare say this to him." Lisa dramatically sat down on a chair, her expression desperate.

"Come, tell me honestly. Valère has proposed to you. Do you love him, or do you not?" Tzuyu squeezed Lisa's shoulders in her hands.