Chapter 20: Tease

Huh?

Did I hear that right?

'Yes! He asked you to go with him!'

'Why would he, though?'

'Who cares! Jump on him!'

I shook my thoughts away, realising that I was standing between the three men and one of them was still waiting for my answer.

"T-to the club?"

I snicker came from behind me and when I turned to look around, Jin's smirk came into view. I frowned. What was his problem, now? The older one leaned down and whispered in a teasing tone.

"You dumbass, he wasn't asking you out on a date."

I glared at him, wanting him to shut up, at least in front of Jungkook!

Ignoring his immature attitude, I faced Jungkook again, nodding. "The club, sure. Can I, uh, change first?"

"Would it take long?"

"Uhm, ten minutes? There is a lot of untying to do and a few layers to take off as well."

Another snicker sounded from behind me but this time Jin leaned towards Jungkook to whisper something in his ear.

"Hyung!" Jungkook shouted, startling everyone. Except from Jin, of course, who started laughing out loud, clapping his hands like a mad man and taking a few steps backwards. Jungkook got flustered realising he had attracted too much attention from the people around us. "I, n-no, it's fine! You don't need to change!"

"But-" Before I could finish he reached for my wrist and started pulling me behind him.

"We're going by car anyway! No one will see you." He spoke fast, walking in a similar speed, making it even harder for me to follow.

I looked over my shoulder, seeing Jin still laughing while Joon seemed to be grounding the older him about something, shaking his head.

What did he say to Jungkook?

Wondering, I stared at the back side of my colleague and noticed how the tip of his ear had turned a pink-ish colour. Lost in my thoughts, I tripped over the fabric of my gown.

"Ah, Jungkook!" In fear of falling face first, my free hand unconsciously gripped tightly Jungkook's arm, stopping him. He then turned around, surprised. By instinct, I supposed, his other hand closed around my arm, holding me up.

"Shit, I'm sorry. Are you okay?" He tilted his head down, trying to be at my eye-level. Inhaling at the sudden proximity, I looked down and leaned away, getting my stability back.

"Y-yes. Just, let's walk a bit slower." I still didn't meet his eyes because unconsciously or not, he still hadn't moved. His right hand holding my left wrist and the other one my right arm.

I heard him sigh and slowly, his hand let go of my arm. "I'm sorry, we'll walk slowly."

I nodded, still waiting for him to let go of my wrist as well but to my utter shock his hand slid further down and grazed the palm of my hand.

Heart thundering, I looked up almost instantly but just as quick, he walked away, placing the same hand inside his jeans' pocket. I stayed behind for an instance, simply staring at his back.

Bringing up my hand, I held it close to my chest, still feeling his touch.

I can't be imagining things.

I started walking again, trying to catch up to him.

Did he want to hold my hand?

------------------------------

"Have you got it?" I asked when he opened the door to his car. He nodded and asked me to keep the key. Once his hand was free, he bent down to pick up the bag and reached over his seat to place it in the back seat. He frustratingly threw the bag, as at first his arm wasn't letting him go over to the other side and when it did, it got stuck in the narrow space between his seat and the car's side. He struggled to get his arm out from the little space and I chuckled. "You could've just put it inside from the back door!"

He threw me a glare and I laughed some more, covering my mouth with my hand.

"It's fine." He mumbled and sat down, pulling on his seatbelt and clipping it on. He looked at me for a moment and saw that I had it hard keeping in. He scoffed, a small smile on his lips. "You like laughing at me, don't you?"

I nodded repeatedly, immediately bursting out laughing again right after. He sighed and started the car, shaking his head.

"Do you want me to drop you off?" He asked out of the blue, when the car came to a stop at a red light. Thinking that he was offering me a lift, I thought that it wouldn't be too bad, especially since it will be quit dark when I'll go home.

"When?"

"Well, right now. After I give the bag to Hobi hyung."

"Oh, that's too soon. I'm not leaving until six."

He arched a brow at my answer. "What? But aunt. Nana asked me come home early because we were eating at your place tonight. I thought you were going home early as well."

Understanding his dilemma, I signaled him to let me explain. "Ah, yes. But I told my mom I wouldn't be able to come home early."

I needed to practice with Lisa, I promised her. We had a test last week so we were both behind on a few scenes.

"Are you going out with Yoongi hyung?"

Nearly choking on air, I looked at him with big eyes. "S-sorry?"

"Jisoo told us Yoongi hyung invited you out. Is it perhaps because of that?"

Shit, Jisoo indeed talked a lot. And fast. Thank God everything had been made clear with Yoongi.

"No, I mean yes but-" He kept driving, not sparing me a look while I searched for my words.

Ok, I'll admit it. Lisa and I lied to Jisoo and she went on and told -I don't know how many people- but Jungkook, of course, had to be one of them. And now maybe he was thinking that Yoongi and I were a thing!

Why do you care, Y/n? Let him think so.

dammit! No, I couldn't!

Sighing, I tried to calm myself down. "He invited me out, that's all. We're not dating."

When I finished letting out my phrase, I realised that the car had stopped already and Jungkook was looking at me attentively.

His stare immediately got me nervous and my whole body tensed up.

He tilted his head to the side in an innocent way.

"I never said that, though."

"Huh?" My lips parted and I frowned in confusion. My brain recollected the scattered pieces from the discussion and slowly connected the dots. As the realisation hit me, my eyes widened. "Wh-"

In an abrupt movement, Jungkook leaned forward, knocking my breath out.

'Click'

My belt loosened up and retracted but I couldn't move, my eyes locked into his.

Heat spread across my entire face when the right corner of his mouth slightly rose, in an almost smirk.

"Let's go."

-------------------------------------------