Chapter 37: Second arrow

"Ah, I'm tired, I want to go home!" Taehyung complained, slouching all over the table.

"Hey, move, you're in my space!" Jimin nudged his friend's arm, pushing him away.

Jungkook chuckled and so did I. "Why don't you head home then, hyung?"

"Because Jimin said we would go home together!"

"Yeah but I'm not done yet." Jimin replied, his eyes glued to his pc's screen, his fingers typing down in a hurry.

It had been more or less tree hours we were at the library, at the third floor. We picked a round table big enough for five people and sat around it. I took a sit in between Jungkook and Jimin, Taehyung sat beside him and Jisoo was in between Taehyung and Jungkook. For the first two hours, Jungkook and I studied english and I helped him as much as I could when he had a question. He was now studying maths so I continued my own english class.

I shot a glance at the windows and noticed that the sun was already going down. I had planned to leave in an hour. Either way, the library was only open till six so we didn't have much choice.

Shifting back my attention to our table, I saw Taehyung leaning over Jimin's shoulder, as if he was monitoring his work. Smiling, I looked over at Jungkook, who was very concentrated in a problem resolution. Jisoo suddenly closed the philosophy book she was reading and placed it back in her bag.

"I think I'll leave for today."

Taehyung whined some more at the idea of someone else leaving before him. Jimin ignored him.

Just as I returned my attention on the book in front of me, Jisoo slightly leaned forward towards Jungkook.

"Jungkook, can you come?"

In my mind, questions arose in millions. However, I kept my calm on the exterior and from the corner of my eyes saw Jungkook looking up at her as she stood in front of him.

"Oh but I'm not done yet."

She pushed a strand of her beautifully silky hair behind her hair. "Can you accompany me till the entrance?"

"Oh..." Jungkook frowned but then placed his pen down. "Sure? Let's go."

He then followed her out of the room, leaving me dying from curiosity. Unconsciously, I tightened the grip on my pen whose cap was about to pop. Licking my lips, I shot a quick glance towards the two boys next to me and decided to leap out of my chair.

"Uh... I'm going to the toilets, I'll be back!"

-------------------------------------------------

I jumped down the stairs and jerked myself three stairs back up when I saw them. Tilting my head to the side, I peeked at their backs.

They didn't talk until they reached the bottom of the stairs. Jisoo stopped so Jungkook did too, placing his hands into the pockets of his jeans. I kneeled down, thinking that I might hear better.

"So the thing is, I have a party on New Year's Eve and I was wondering if you'd like to come along?" She asked, handing him a little invitation card. It looked very colourful on the outside and I guessed it had the address and time-table on this inside.

Jungkook looked at the card, opening it. "Oh, that's very nice." He looked a bit surprised but nonetheless gave her a shy smile.

I felt as if an arrow shot right through my heart. I understood what was going on right now and knew she was going to ask him to go along her as date, probably.