Chapter 18: The worth of feelings

"Heaven be praised!" Tzuyu, impersonating Dorine, the maid, lifted her hands up in the air as Bambam, our police officer, took a cuffed Jungkook, aka Tartuffe, out of the scene.

All the actors were on the stage, which was bigger than I had expected, rehearsing the entire play. We were on our last scene. Tartuffe was just caught red-handed -and thank God for that, the scene before that one nearly made me faint because of Tartuffe's handsomness- and was now being taken away by the officer.

Yoongi, our cute Madam Pernelle, exclaimed after Dorine;

"I breathe again, at last." He did this dramatic gesture, placing the palm of his hand over his forehead. Strangely, it didn't seem over-dramatic. And it was the case with all of Yoongi's roles. Very strange, indeed. He was a natural-born comedian you could say.

"We're safe." I spoke my cue, approaching Jimin, my husband, and resting my head on his shoulder. Jimin's arm went around my shoulders.

"I can't believe the danger's past." Lisa, playing our daughter Mariane sighed in relief.

"Well, traitor, now you see . . ." Jimin pointed his finger in Tartuffe's direction, but he was soon cut off by Taemin, who played Jimin's sister's role, Cleante.

"Ah, Brother, please, let's not descend to such indignities.Leave the poor wretch to his unhappy fate, and don't say anything to aggravate his present woes; but rather hope that he will soon embrace an honest piety."

Everyone nodded in agreement. Jimin let go of me and turned to face the entire family.

"Well said: let's go at once and, gladly kneeling, Express the gratitude which all are feeling. Then, when that first great duty has been done, We'll turn with pleasure to a second one," Turning towards Valère, played by Felix, he continued, "And give Valére, whose love has proven so true The wedded happiness which is his due."

Felix took hold of both of Lisa's hands and they both smiled at each other, like the lovers they were in the story.

'In the story', my ass.

I concealed my smirk.

The ending music started playing followed by our director and writer clapping. They had been sitting in the audience's front seats, watching the rehearsal. Standing up, they complimented everyone and our stage director- costume designer, Hoseok, poked his head out from the curtain to whistle.

"Great job, and when the music start everybody starts dancing and we'll end at that!" Namjoon concluded and everyone joined the clapping.

"Okay guys!" Jin called our attention and everyone focused on him. "Two more rehearsals to go and then it's the official show! Remember, 4 PM sharp!"

Everyone nodded, except from Taehyung.

"But I have class till 5!"

"Did I stutter?" Jin shot him a glare and Taehyung pouted, crossing his arms over his chest. "Also! On the day of the show, I want you guys to free up the evening as well! Nobody is going home after the show, okay? We are gonna party till midnight!"

"Wohooo!" The crew rejoiced and I laughed, excited for the big day to come.

Smiling like a mad person, I looked left and right, sharing some cheers with the actors and turning around, I accidentally bumped into someone.

"Sorry-" My smile faltered a bit, coming face to face with Jungkook. His hair was messy from the play and his breath shaky. After a second of hesitation, we shared a smile. "Good job, Tartuffe."

"You did great too." I looked down, feeling shy suddenly. Nodding, I leave him to join my best friend, who was still busy chatting with Felix.

Seeing me arrive, she quickly stopped the poor guy in the middle of his talk and probably told him that she'd talk to him later. Felix scratched the back of his neck and nodded. He gently tapped her arm and went to his friends in the background. As soon as she turned around, I smirked while she blushed.