chapter 16

Sunghoon is pacing back and forth furiously .

"Fuck those bastards " he angrily spits as he's trying to reach out hyejin through his phone .

She's not picking up his calls since the article rose up.

Jeon somin's family is a long time family friend of their family their grandparents are super close and is still partnered in the business world.

His grandparents agreed to his and somin's engagement without even asking his permission and opinion . His parents can't do anything about this because his grandfather still have the upper hand when it comes to their Family assets .

Somin were already obsessed with him and his brother since they're young . He heard that it's her suggestion to tie the rope between the two empire .

His grandparents fall for her proposal . She even came to the showbiz world just to follow him everywhere .

His head is aching from this situation . This is all a mistake . That picture was taken years ago and was used as a media play . He didn't even see Somin for months after he and hyejin became a couple .

He's now worried about his girlfriend .

Hyejin is all quiet at her house . Listening to music as she sips on her beer . She turned her phone off and is just listening from her turntable .

She heard her door being unlocked but she didn't move . She just closed her eyes and leaned her head on the sofa today is a very rough day for her.

"Baby" someone called her . She knows it's sunghoon but she choose not to open her eyes .

She heard him walk near her then she felt the side of her sofa sinking indicating that he sat by her side .

She felt his stare at her

"Babe let me explain ." He whispered as he hold her hand taking the beer can off of her hands

She slowly opened her glistening eyes because she's already at the verge of crying . She held back all her tears earlier to avoid her members from worrying too much about her .

"Baby please don't cry " he weakly said

"Then what do you want me to do ? Be happy because my boyfriend were broadcasted kissing other girl ?" She said tears falling from her eyes

Sunghoon was quick to wipe her tears but she avoided his touch

"That was all a lie hyejin-ah . That picture were taken months before we became a couple"

"And t-to be honest I am engaged to her because of my grandparents " he looked away

Hyejin cried even more. 

"Then what am I supposed to do then ?" She hurtfully said

"Well figure out baby . But please belive in me . I love you so much and I don't want to be away from you "

He begged .

Hyejin can't bear to see him like that so she nodded .

"God thank you baby . I promise to do everything to stop that engagement . I'll do everything in my power to stop my grandparents " he said as he pulled her for a hug .

"I love you so much baby, I don't know what would I do if you'll leave me " he said as he kiss her head gently

She didn't open up about her worries and just stayed quiet . Because of her tiredness se fall asleep while the two of them were cuddling

Sunghoon noticed that her breathing became even. 

He peeked on her and saw that she's already sleeping