Short Story: The Wolves and The Crow

A/n: This is a short story, to help develop the story and the characters a little more since I can't find ways to fit into a chapter.

Yes, their cannon to the story all taken place somewhere in the story that you could figure out yourself.

I'll be doing this a couple of times since there are two more I'm working on.

Anyways, that's all I have to say and enjoy today's Short Story. 

________________________________________________________________________________

In the darkest forest of Vale, where trees grow tall and large, Atlas soldiers marched the small path in columns, bring supplies to the desperate people who lived near the forest from a powerful and dangerous bandit faction who roamed around their area pillaging and killing for whatever the reason is. Vale had struggled to get rid of these bandits, the news spread of these bandits all over Remnant. The soldiers that marched, shown the expression of bravery, but deep down they feared these bandits. 

 The Stories of their horrors they did towards the people of Vale and their menacing leader, Zheng Jiang. No one knows, no one ever saw her face, well they did before they got killed. The Grimms that used to roam these forest had disappeared then the bandits started their raid against. People theorized that they were killed by the bandits or, something even crazier, that they ran away in fear of Zheng Jiang. 

The reason Atlas is helping Vale, due to the bandits raiding a shipment of military supplies. Leaving nothing behind but a sunken ship. So, far they've been unsuccessful...

That's when Atlas' soldiers heard wolves howling, the only thing they heard from the eerie silence of the forest...

"She's just an outlaw..." A voice spoke out.

Soon above their horizon near them, where trees were far apart, shadows emerged, shaped like a wolf. One of the soldiers notices, from three to many, standing over them like prey. Before he could say anything, arrows ran before them...

"...what threat could she really posed?" Laughed a Huntsman, with three others, at the Veteran Atlas commander who looked ahead into the forest with his hood and cape coving him. A male, a female, and a man named Qrow. It's was now dark, stars shine above them with the broken moon. They stood on the wall of the village they're defending believing they'll be next to these bandits. Atlas soldiers roamed the area keeping an eye out for anything willing to pillage this place. 

The huntsman and women had never faced these bandits only hunting Grimms, little did they now many had tried, and in the end, they have perished. Only Qrow knew what's at stake, but he didn't believe it would be hard.   

"Threat?" He asked, insulted that this Huntsman is laughing at the threat of these outlaws. He slowly turned towards them, showing his left side of his face, a huge burned mark that coved the left side. Then moving the cape slightly showing his now missing arm. The huntsman stopped laughing, as they saw the horror that was in front of them...

The scene soon changes back to the Atlas soldiers what was marching through the forest. Now covered in blood laying the dirt path, with many narrows pinned within them. No services, just the bandits in green, who came down a loot the supplies and collected their arrows...

"The cut would only be slight..." The veteran slowly said, quickly taking out a knife cutting a small cut on his cheek, looked at him with fear...

The screen then changes to farms and villages being raided, pillaged and burned. Screams of mothers and fathers being taken away from their children, either death for used them as a tool of their means. Kidnapping well fit people for their own, while the rivers run red with blood...