Chapt 7: The Missing Past

Intro:

________________________________________________________________________________

*Flashback*

Zheng Pov. 

It's been a year since my mother left. I haven't heard from her since...

I... I hope she's okay... she'll come back... I know... she'll never leave me... 

"Zheng, are you alright?" I heard my friend, Lu Jen. 

"I... I'm... just worried about my mom..." I told her as I looked out the window. 

 "Don't worry, she's a tough woman. She'll come back," She said confidently. I wish that was me, being confident as her. 

"I... I do hope so..." I said in a low and sad tone. 

Lu had a worried expression, "Um... maybe we can talk about something else... Uh... I know how about we talk about the dream we always wanted!" She said changes to the subject. 

"Yeah..." I said with a slight smile. "But..." I said as I looked and see many Han soldiers dragging the food away from people's homes, "At this rate... we can never be remembered in the history of China..." 

"Well, we will try!" She said with determination. "We won't be forgotten, like the rest of the peasants of history, we will be remembered for something... what that is..." She said and slowly murmured the last part. 

"... Banditry..." I quietly said. 

"What?" Lu said confused. 

"I want... to be the Queen of Bandits... the Bandit Queen..." I told her. 

"W-why?" She asked with shock in her voice. 

"That was my mother's dream before she met my father..." I told her. "I want to complete that dream... for her... and myself..."

"B-but how?! It's impossible with the Han soldiers around, we'll just be captured and put in jail... or you know... be executed..." Lu said. 

"Then... we've just had to wait until the time is right..." I told her. 

Then when we heard loud knocking in the living room of their small home, "This is the Han, you've have been accused of working with the rebels, open up and none of you won't get hurt!" A man shouted outside. 

That's when Lu Zheng's mother burst into their room "Lu! Zheng! Hide in the closet!" She shouted at us.

"Mom... w-what's wrong?" Lu asked, frightened of her mother's random outburst. 

"Lu, just listen to me," She said as she kneels to her hight. "You must hide in the closet, do not make any noise and do not come out until we said so... okay?" Her mother said with her hands of her daughter's shoulders trying to keep her calm. 

"Y-yes... mom..." 

"Good... go now," Her mother said before she left. 

"Come on Zheng, we gotta go hide," Lu said as she opens the closet. 

"I heard... but why though?" I questioned. 

"We can't right now, we must do what we're told, now get in!" She said as she pulled me into the closet. She quickly closed the sliding doors, but not all the way so we can see what's going on outside of the closet.