Chapter 10: Bar Fight, but with Blood

Intro:

________________________________________________________________________________

*8 hours before the Little Date with Zheng*

Your Pov.

Once again I skipped Glynda's class and I guess she's not having it today. She knew that I won't fight, yet she keeps presuming that I must fight. I have known her ever since Ozpin adopted me, after the incident... She was like the adopted mother, always caring for me and teaching me mostly about combat. Although Ozpin and Glynda aren't dating or anything like that. Well, they did once and I think it didn't go as well then I thought. Since I remembered that night, Ozpin came back home covered in food. We don't talk about it, but I still wondered what happened.

Anyway, my team found me and told me that Ozpin wants to talk to me about the combat class. I just nod and walked over to the elevator and started to go up to the top of the tower. I never really knew about my adoptive father's past. Like my original parents. He did tell me he once had a wife with a child, but his child passed away as for his wife, disappeared. That's the only thing that I know truly about him. The other things I know, it's just his personality and how he acts around everyone. We've might not have a great of a relationship like Yang's and Ruby's father, but I still love him like one all the same.

The elevator stopped, as the door open revealing my adoptive father sitting on his desk with his cup of coffee, fresh and hot as ever. I slowly walked over to his desk.

"There you are (Y/n), I thought that you left Beacon once again," He said with a smile.

"Not this time, father... I was... feeding the squirrels again..." I said looking away embarrassingly.

He chuckled, "You always so kind towards animals, insects, plants, even Grimm." He stood up from his desk and walked around towards the front.

"So... tell me why did you skip combat class again?" He asked as he sat on the front of his desk.

"You know why, father," I told him.

He sighed, with his expression changing to disappointment. "You can't just avoid combat class (Y/n). At this rate, you'll fail the course you'll have to restart year one."

"It's not like I wanted to join Beacon, father. You know, I never wanted to hurt people or Grimms," I told him. 

"But others and Grimm will hurt you (Y/n) and your friends. You saw it yourself during the Initiation. I'm doing this for your own good, it's a dangerous place out there, especially when you're a Grimm yourself."

Hearing those last three words made me flinch. "I'm Not LIKE THEM, and They're not like What YOU THINK!!! THERE MISSED UNDERSTOOD CREATURES!!! They're family to me!!!" I aggressively growled, as my eyes slowly glow red through my blindfold.

"(Y/n) calm down, you don't want to repeat the same deed you did when I found you," He demands, yet his stance stiffens knowing the danger if I ever 'turned'.

I shake my memories out of my head, as I calmed down. "S-sorry... I... I... I need-"

"It's alright," he shot off his desk and walked over to me. He then places his hand on my shoulder. I slowly looked up, to meet his eyes. "I just want to make sure you can protect yourself. I know I can't protect you forever (Y/n) from everything. All I could do is to prepare for that moment. I need you to stay strong and ready to fight for yourself, (Y/n). You can't just avoid your problems forever, they'll come back at you,  and become even stronger than ever."