Chapter I

I look up from my phone at Sapnap, who is puckering his lips at me. We're sitting in his bedroom at the moment, and I'm on his bed as he's fooling around, tired after an especially long stream.

I laugh at how silly he looks and he then turns around, with a look of faked sadness on his face as I call out after him.

"Oh boy, look at that booty", managing to contain my laughter long enough for him to turn around and face me. Then it breaks for both of us and we start laughing uncontrollably.

"D-did... you just-", he's stuttering out his words in between laughs.

This somehow makes it even more comedic, concluding in me not getting enough air in my lungs to even laugh properly, ending up with something that sounds somewhere between a breathy, soundless laugh and a wheeze.

"Omg, you sound like Dream right now", my brother says, finally building up enough control over his own breathing to speak normally. I look at him, a wondering look plastered on my face.

"Don't compare me to the one with lime green skin and no face. That's him right?", I add, trying to stay serious while trying to recall what Dream is like from watching Sapnap's streams. I've talked to him a couple of times.

"Yeah, he's like the owner of the dream SMP", my brother jokingly scoffs at me, although looking at me like I'm stupid. Like I'm supposed to know all of his online friends.

I frown. Yeah, now I remember him better. And I don't necessarily like him either. But I won't ever say that out loud, given he's been my brother's best friend since way back. Instead, I let out a sigh before telling him I'm going to the kitchen.

When I get there I open the fridge, only to find there is nothing interesting in there that I want, so I close it again and head upstairs to my room.

~~~

A week has gone by since that day, and nothing even remotely interesting has happened, so I've spent most of my free time watching my brother's streams, trying to understand his friends and work better. To no visible success. I still have no fucking idea why so many people watch him.

"Y/N? I'M GOING TO STREAM NOW DO YOU WANNA COME SEE?", my brother yells at me from the other room.

"YEAH! WHAT ARE YOU STREAMING?" I yell back at him, getting up from my bed.

"Just some among us with the boys!", he screams again, but quieter this time, probably hearing my footsteps in the hallway. I shiver as he refers to his friends as 'the boys'. Sounds like a chad or something. That reminds me of something I saw on Twitter a while ago. "Chadnap" they had called him. I had found that quite funny.

"Who exactly?" I ask him, I mean I know most of his friends by now, but every now and then he mentions someone I've never even heard of.

"Well you know almost everyone, I think", he starts. "There is Quackity, George, Dream, Bad, Skeppy, 5up, Sykkuno, Pokimane and Karl", he lists, way too fast for me to comprehend.

"Woah, okay, I think I know half of those people. Who are the four last ones?" I ask.

"Well there's 5up, not much to know, he uses the pink character. Then there is Sykkuno, I think he's the most innocent person among everyone in this game, Poki is really good at the game, but she's not as crazy as Rae is. She also was in MCC", he takes a pause to breathe, which is good for me, because then I have time to think about all he's said so far.

"Then there's Karl, who I am surprised you don't know actually. He's on the SMP after all", he looks at me questionably. "I stream with him a lot."