Chapter XXX

I yawn and try to turn over to my side, but my face hits something on the way. I grimace and reach my hand up from under the covers to gently rub my nose. Ouch. What was that? The fucking wall or something?

I squint my eyes open, trying to adjust them to the light of the room. Still being half asleep isn't exactly helping. I can't see shit.

When I've finally adjusted my eyes enough to actually see something I'm met by what I first believe actually is a wall, but then I realize that the 'wall' is wearing a T-shirt. Which means I'm looking at someone's torso. 'Please don't be Sapnap' I mentally groan.

Then the memories come flooding back and I suddenly realize where exactly I am. Karls bed. Of course. Wait. I'm in Karl's bed. Holy fuck. How sleepy was I last night to not think this through? If Nick walks in right now he'll go ballistic.

Then I remember another thing. Alex. I was supposed to call him last night so we could sleep call again. Fucking hell. I shut my eyes tight and slap my own forehead. How is it possible for a human being to be as dumb as I am?

I just hope he isn't angry with me. Or that he's sad. Or even worse; disappointed. I hate disappointing to the point of hiding in my room for days after the incident, saying sorry, and trying to fix my mistake a thousand times over.

A movement and a groan beside me interrupt my dark and moody thoughts. I peek up to see Karl pulling a grimace and shifting around, making small sounds as he goes.

I subconsciously smile at him and wrap my arms around his chest without even thinking about what I'm doing. I snuggle my face into his chest and relax there, him relaxing as well. I sigh and try to go back to sleep. 

It's when I'm in the state of not being fully asleep, but not awake either that I feel him kiss the top of my head and starting to stroke my hair. He mumbles something I can't hear in my early state of sleep, and then I'm swept away by the land of dreams once more.

~~~

I wake up alone this time, the lack of Karls presence enfolding me like a cold blanket. I shiver under the covers, despite the heat. I groggily rub my eyes, forcing myself awake. I blink a few times, adjusting my eyes to the sunlight that slimes through the creaks between the curtain and the wall. It's probably not even that bright, but my eyes being used to the complete darkness of my eyelids, I'd say it's pretty bright.

I sit up and shift myself backward, so my back is leaned against the wall. I yawn and stretch out my arms. Then I notice the sound of water hitting the floor. Ah, so Karl's showering. That explains where he is at the very least.

I huff and swing my feet off the bed, connecting with the cold floor. I wince, but let them completely connect and put my weight on them, standing up from the warmth of Karl's bed. I yawn again and then proceed to walk to my own, temporary, room.

Once I get there I look around for my phone. I start searching my pockets but quickly realized I must've dropped it in Karl's bed at some point during the night. I groan. Is it worth it to go back just for my phone? Alex can wait, can't he? Yeah, probably...

Karl POV:

I pull the sweater over my head, taking one last look at myself through the bathroom mirror, and then walk out of my bathroom.

I look over at the bed and see that Y/n is gone. I don't know whether to be disappointed or unbothered. So I just go with the latter. I walk over to make the bed when a quiet buzz catches my attention. It came from the bed.

I know my phone is in the bathroom where I left it on the sink, so I'm guessing it's Y/n's phone. I quickly search the bed for it and find it under the covers.