Chapter XXI

┌─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┐

one month later

└─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.───┘

I'm feeling nervous as I'm walking together with Sapnap to meet Karl for the first time, so I decide to text him.

Karl<3

I'm at the airport, where are you?

where do you think I am?

uhhh...

the airport?

exactly

sorry, i'm nervous

sapnap is making fun of me help

i'll save you, do not worry pretty girl

i'll try not to

"Who are you texting right now?" Sap asks, peeking over my shoulder to see my screen as I wait for Karl's reply. "WHY ARE YOU TEXTING KARL? YOU'RE LITERALLY SEEING HIM IN LIKE TWO MINUTES, YOU STUPID BITCH."

I stare at him in disbelief. Did he just say that? It's on.

"Well, I'm texting your fiancée over here because he's my best friend and you're not, bitch." I state proudly, looking at him with my chin in the air and cockily raised eyebrows. I miss when we used to joke around and be silly with each other. When did we stop being those people?

But I know why it stopped after I met Karl, but I had no idea why. Like, I love Karl, but I miss my brother and how things used to be. My brothers' voice wakes me up from my depressing thoughts.

"Yeah, but he's still my fiancée. Once we get Quackity over we'll be complete" He gives me a proud and cocky grin. I give him a sour face back, but I really feel like smiling. I am happy that I can have both my friendship with Karl and my awesome relationship with my brother at the same time.

"Yeah, complete the triangle so you can start fighting like cats (y'know that thing where they just use their paws to rapidly slap each other's arms/legs? yeah, that)" I roll my eyes to mock him even more. He gives me a disgusted look before snorting and walking past me, chin raised. I shake my head and smile before running up to him, nudging his arm with my elbow.

"You tryna' escape me or something?" I joke and he nods, so I hit him in the arm.

"Ow! What was that for?" He looks confused and in pain at the same time, all as he rubs the place where I hit him like it actually hurt.

"Because you're a dick, that's why." I roll my eyes as I state it like it's obvious. He just humphs at me and we keep walking through the airport, slowly approaching the area where you pick up your luggage.

I'm darting my eyes around, trying to spot the now so familiar brown hair belonging to a certain person. I finally spot it together with a pair of blue-green eyes with crinkles around them because of the smile that is visible lower down on his face. I smile back and start making my way towards him, Sapnap not too far behind me once he's realized where I'm headed.

"Y/n!" Karl's voice fills my ears and he enfolds me in a hug before I've responded. I chuckle into his hoodie.

"What's up, pretty boy?" I say jokingly flirtatious and he laughs at me.

"I'm good, it's good. What about you guys?" He says, looking away from me and at Nick instead. That's when I realize the height difference between the two boys.

"OMG SAPNAP HE'S TALLER THAN YOU." I'm laughing very hard, finding this discovery much funnier than it actually is. Karl has a proud smile as he keeps looking between me and my brother, and Nick just looks straight-up insulted. As he should be.

"Karl, help. She's bullying me." My little brother looks at him with his awful attempt at puppy eyes. It's painful to watch.

"Don't bully Sapnap!" Karl says with fake anger and stands between me and my brother. Then he starts giggling and so do we. Then I realize that people are looking out the way and awkwardly tell the boys that we should get our suitcases and leave.

~time skip brought to you by the fact that picking up your luggage is boring~

We're approaching the car and I suddenly remember something. "SHOTGUN!" I scream and run for the front seat as Karl took my suitcase after some protests from me (and my brother who thought it was unfair that I didn't have to make my own shit but he had to).

"No." My brother groans and I laugh at him and Karl is giggling as always. Sapnap pouts before putting his stuff in the car and getting in the backseat. "Well then, I get the aux," he says proudly and I sigh. Here we go again, his music taste is terrible. It's not the worst, but it isn't good either.

I'm staring out the window, deep in thought, when a hand grabs mine. I look over to see Karl moving my hand so that he can drive and hold it at the same time, and I look up at his face. He's staring right ahead on the road, not even glancing at me, but he somehow must be able to see my gaze, because a grin slowly takes form on his lips. I smile, roll my eyes a bit, and then look away.

~~~

We arrive, and this time I take care of my suitcase on my own. I yawn as I make my way inside. It's not even 9 pm and I'm already tired. What the fuck? 'Get it together Y/n' I scold myself as I take off my jacket.

"Where's the guest room? Wait, do I have to share with Y/n?" My brother looks like it's the worst thing imaginable or something. I shoot him an offended look. How dare he? He looks terrified and keeps glancing at me as he looks at Karl, requesting an answer to his question. "Karl?" He tries again, and this time Karl replies to him.

"Yeah, that's what I intended..." He looks very indecisive as he looks from me to Sapnap. "But one of you could always sleep in my room..?" Sapnap's eyes immediately lock with mine and I tilt my head, asking the question without actually saying it out loud.

"Her. I can't sleep with other people in my room." Sap says but he still seems suspicious to me sharing a room with Karl. As if it was a big deal.

"Yeah, he's a real pussy." I state with a straight face, turning to Karl. He's already giggling and I walk away before my brother starts shouting.

"HEY! I'M NOT A PUSSY!" He yells at my disappearing figure. I chuckle and keep walking, Karl behind me, showing me the way to his room.