Chapter XII

I'm scared out of my mind. There are so many factors to take into consideration if I were to actually visit him. For example, how much money would the flight there and home be? Where would I stay? What would I tell my parents? 'Yeah, I'm visiting one of Sapnap's friends, who I, by the way, only have known for a little more than a week." I think not.

"Y/n?" I hadn't noticed I'd gone quiet. I had to look into myself always getting distracted by different things and fully forgetting what it was I was doing just a few seconds ago.

"Yeah, sorry, just got a little distracted." I apologize to him. I just kept messing up all the damn time. "It's fine. So when are you free to come over?" Ah, that. I thought for a bit, I could always go during a school week because we had online school, but that would take time from us hanging out.

"I think I have a break from school in, like, four weeks if that works?" I say unsure of my thing. It could as well be three or five weeks for all I know, I'm not a walking calendar. Unlike some people, like my old best friend. She came in really handy at times, but other than that she was a fake bitch and I have no idea how we even became friends anymore.

"Sounds great!" His voice sparks with excitement, or so I hope at least. "I have to go now, I need to film a video but I'll see you later." How did he always sound so sure of himself? I'm insecure about everything half of the time. Perks of having thousands of people telling you you're awesome. I roll my eyes and smile.

"Yeah, bye pretty boy."

"Bye pretty girl." He winks before hanging up. Wink. What?

Karl POV:

Did I just wink at her? That's so embarrassing. Oh no, what if she told Sap? Or worse, what if she got instantly repelled and never wanted to speak to me again? I regret everything. I groan and put my head in my hands. What made me wink at her? I never wink, I'm not the wink type of guy! That was a horrible, horrible end of another great call.

I walk around the kitchen for a bit, head empty. What was I doing again? Then my phone buzzes with a message from Jimmy. Right, we were going to film a video for his channel. Better start working on doing that now.

Y/N POV:

I try to shrug it off but to no use. That was a really awkward move of him. And yet... oh no. I turn my head to look at myself in the oven window. My fears have come true. I'm blushing. I curse at the blood that's tinting the skin of my cheeks pink. How was I supposed to fly over there and look him in the eyes after this? That was impossible.

I groan and fall down on the cold floor. At this point, I was too exhausted to get anything else than some berries and butter to match my now not so freshly baked pancakes. I sigh and bring my plate to my room, sitting down at my desk. I pull out my phone to watch some youtube while eating, but I almost spit my food out seeing my top recommended video.

It's one of George's videos with Dream. The thumbnail shows George and a parrot with Dreams' name. I decide not to watch it, both for my sanity and forever being able to speak to either of them properly. Instead, I watch one of some guy called WilburSoots videos. I've heard my bother mention him a few times. I get surprised when I hear a British accent. Since when did my brother start befriending brits?

I shake my head and turn my attention to the video. They're playing some game called jack box, and I must admit, it was pretty funny. I even laughed at times, believe it or not. After a while, the video's over though, but it's fine since I'm already finished with my breakfast. I decide to go and check up on Sapnap again. Still sleeping. Lazy bitch.

~~~

"HURRY, HURRY! They're almost here!" I scream at my brother, running around the house in full-on panic mode. I never realized how messy the upstairs of our house was. Mom and dad went to pick up our aunt and uncle as if we don't see them enough already.

"Chill, they've been here millions of times. What are you so worried about?" He doesn't seem to see the seriousness in this.

"What I'm so worried about?" I sound hysteric. "What is there not to be worried about? I mean look at the place, it looks like trash!" I'm breathless and make a swooping movement with my arm, pointing at the whole house.

"Okay, okay, I get your point, but still." He just doesn't get it, does he? I shake my head, giving upon him. This one's on me now.

~~~

I rush up to my room as soon as they're gone again, saying a quick goodnight to my parents. Did they really just spend their whole day chatting with aunt May and uncle James? Jeez, talk about boredom. I don't really know what to do, so I take my skateboard and go back downstairs.

"I'm going to the skate park!" I call out so they don't go looking for me in my room and start panicking over where I am. Yes, I'm 20, going 21, and they still do that. Isn't life wonderful?

"Ok." My mom yells, a little quieter than me. Great, now they know I'll be gone for a while. I take out my airphones and play my favorite skating playlist on shuffle. I decide to skate all the way there instead of taking the bus. When I get there I'm, thank Nyx, the only one there. I skate around for a bit, trying to teach myself some new tricks, but get tired after a while and just sit down, still listening to my music.

After some time I get bored and stand up from the cold cement floor, making my way over to the nearest bus stop. I pause my music and hop on twitch to see if my brother is live. He isn't. But some guy called BadBoyHalo is. Isn't he one of Sap's friends? I think so.

I hop on the bus, watching BadBoyHalos live and he's actually funny. I get surprised when he shrieks language at someone he calls 'Skeppy'. How are they, friends? My brother curses all the damn time. I smile a crooked smile. Then I look up and panic. 'Shit, shit, SHIT. I need to press that stop button right now.' I fly out of my seat to the doors and hope that he'll stop the bus in time so I can get off.

I let out a breath when he does. I relax a bit and get off the bus, waiting for it to drive away, then I cross the road, only half-running. I carefully open the door, however much adrenaline I have in my body, I don't want to get scolded for being careless with the doors. I had enough of that when I still was under the age of seventeen.

I'm in the middle of the staircase when my phone buzzes. 'karljacobs is live!' I smile and run up to my room. For once I don't have to worry about what to do when I get there.