Chapter XXV

Turns out the mall isn't that exciting after all. The only things that made it better were a, Karl being his usual bubbly self, and b, Alex is on the phone with us the whole time.

"OH, OH, OH! I can see Hot Topic!" I start jumping around the boys, the hand that's holding the phone flailing around in the air.

"Yes, that's where we're going," Karl giggles and my brother just rolls his eyes and shakes his head lightly, but it's with a smile.

"Why do you wanna go to that store anyway?" Alex asks through the phone.

Since we're on FaceTime, I have the wonderful privilege to stare at him like he's an idiot. "Uhhh, maybe because it's the best store ever?" I raise my brows at him. He furrows his own in return.

"I don't think I've ever been to one," He admits. I'm just utterly shocked. How come so many people around me have never been to Hot Topic, the most iconic shop ever?

"I'll have to take you to one," I shake my head as we walk through the doors to Hot Topic, a pair of black and purple platforms immediately catching my eyes.

"And how would you do that? We don't exactly live close to each other," Alex remarks.

"Hm. I guess I'd have to visit you then. Or the other way around," I shrug, not really paying much attention to what I'm saying, instead I'm inspecting the shoes.

"Really?" He sounds surprised.

"Yeah, cause why not. We're good friends, right?" I ask him casually, paying more attention now. I look back at his face through the phone screen. He looks as shocked as he sounds.

"Of course we are," He reassures me.

"Good," I say simply and turn my attention to one of the many cool T-shirts in the store. Alex goes silent for a minute. "You there?" I ask, and look back to see him zoned out.

He snaps back to reality and blinks a few times to refocus his eyes. "Yeah. I was just thinking," He says.

"About what?"

"About where the hell Karl and Sapnap went," He smiles widely and I roll my eyes but smile as well.

"Guess we'll have to go look for them, eh?" I grin and start walking, looking around the store for my stupid brother and his friend. I find them at the jewelry, the rings to be exact. I feel like a proud mom looking at Karl teaching Sapnap about the importance of accessorizing.

"Aw, Karl is teaching Sapnap how to find cool rings," I say with a heart-melted smile.

"Are they engagement rings?" Alex asks.

"What?" I laugh. "No. We're at Hot Topic, you moron. Not some fancy jewelry store," I roll my eyes. Not a boring moment in the presence of the famous Alex Quackity.

"Good that. Wouldn't want those two getting married without me," He fake sniffles.

"Don't worry, I don't think they will," I comfort him. "And if they do, I'll marry you," I add on with a smile.

"You would?" He sobs, continuing his sad act. He's really good at staying in character, huh?

"I would," I assure him with a nod.

He smiles sadly at the camera. "Thank you Y/n. You're so much better than your brother."

I roll my eyes. "That's barely even a compliment. Almost everyone is better than Sapnap."

He gasps theatrically. "I'm going to tell Sapnap," He says. "HEY, SAPNAP! Y/N SAID THAT SHE'S BETTER THAN YOU AND THAT YOU SUCK!" He shouts, getting awfully close to the phone's microphone. I wince at the loud sound.