Chapter XXVI

I exhale as we exit the Hot Topic. Finally, I'd never thought I'd say this, but I'm so fucking happy we finally got out of there. Something about the whole thing was just stressing me out.

"Uh, aren't you going to get Quackity out of your bag now?" Karl asks and motions towards the bag.

I look down at the bag as if just realizing it's there. "Oh yeah, hold this please," I say and hold out the box with my new shoes.

He takes it without hesitation as I take out my phone and Alex with it.

"Welcome back to the world duck boy" I grin at him

He glares at me through the screen. "Not funny dude" He pouts.

"Kinda is though" I contradict with a small shrug and nod to the side, down towards my right shoulder.

"It literally isn't" He rushes his words.

"Agree to disagree?" I raise a brow.

"No way" He shakes his head. "I'm always right"

"He's right, he is" Karl chimes in as he leans in close to fit in the frame. My heart pounds ever so slightly faster as he does so.

"See? Even Sapnap can agree with that, right Sapnap?" Alex asks his friend for backup.

My brother scratches the back of his neck. "I mean, yeah sure, but not r.." He gets cut off by Alex.

"See? Told you I'm always right" He brags with a vicious grin plastered across his face.

I roll my eyes ever so slightly. "Whatever you say drug boy" I come up with new nicknames as I go.

"What? I don't even deal drugs on the SMP anymore." He protests.

I raise a brow. "You sure?" I ask him.

"Yeah"

"So it wasn't you that offered Karl drugs the other day?" I continue my interrogation.

"I.. no, you... aw, fuck you Y/n" He groans.

"Yeah, fuck me. I dare you" I throw back at him. Then the realization hits me like a fist to the face. I just said that.

"OH MY GOD! Y/N!?" Nick exclaims, not believing what I just said. I don't either.

"What the honk? Oh my god" Karl slaps his hand over his mouth.

"What the fuck?" Alex seems to be completely stunned. It's all so absurd that I start laughing. So this is what they do on stream every day.

"She really got you with that one Quackity, what are you gonna do about it?" Sapnap asks Alex, who's just staring at his screen.

"I think he liked it" Karl makes a meme face and giggles.

"I did not!" Alex wakes up from his trance. I laugh at his embarrassment, poorly hidden behind a facade of faked anger.

"I can't with you all" I eye roll, but then I smile to myself, and no one but myself. A very genuine smile. One that means that whatever I just said is not true. That it's quite the opposite, or that I do not care. Whatever it is, I like these boys. They're like a second family. They are home.

"I think she still likes us" Quackitys squints his eyes like he's trying to calculate my feelings. "Look, she's smiling"

I look down at my phone and squint my eyes at him. "Spilling all of my secrets, now are we?" I ask threateningly.

"I mean, yeah," He shrugs, unbothered.

"I hate you."

"No, you don't," Still unbothered.