Chapter III

"Wait, I thought she was innocent!", Sykkuno prompts. I shake my head, snickering. "Sorry Sykkuno, but Sapnap never went to the bathroom, he just wanted to win", I explain to them.

"No, Sapnap isn't smart enough for that", George chimes in. Everyone laughs besides Sykkuno and Poki as my brother starts yelling. "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT I'M A LEGITIMATE GENIUS, YOU'RE JUST JEALOUS GEORGE!"

This somehow makes me laugh even harder and as the laughing dies out and another round starts I can still hear someone giggling. How weird. I just assumed none of Sapnap's online friends would be of the giggling type. Whatever.

A new round starts and I get to be a crewmate, but I look over at Sapnap before playing. Maybe he wants to finally take over. But he shushes me with the word "clout". I look over at chat and see people that actually enjoy me playing instead of Sapnap. 'How bizarre', I cringe at the thought of the TikTok sound. Let's never use that line ever again, please.

I shake it off and start talking to chat while running around. "I'm sorry I don't talk much, kinda busy worrying about getting murdered by my brother's friends over here", I tell them after about three minutes. Not like I'm lying, it's partly true, but mostly I just don't know what to say.

I go into medbay to see Karl and Sykkuno hanging out. "Look guys, friends!", I beam at the screen. Then I remember there are two imposters. "On second thought", I mumble and run out again. That was close. I get to cameras just in time to witness a murder. Oh holy- this wasn't good. I run back to the cafeteria and consider pressing the button but the body gets reported.

"So, Poki's dead", Dream says matter-of-factly. I quickly add-in on the information about this horrific kill.

"Guys... guess what?", I say dramatically. "What?", a few of them asks in unison. "I saw who did it. On cams", I proceed, still dramatic.

I hear a gasp or two. "Okay then who did it?", Dream challenges my information about the kill. "You", I say without even a trace of doubt to my voice. I hear Karl gasp and Sykkuno let out a "what". I also pick up on George trying to defend him. Interesting.

"Well okay then, where was it?", he continues to question me. Sheesh, he's really defensive, isn't he?

"Outside navigation", I tell them. 'Ha, suck on that Dream', I mock him in my head. "Is she right?", Bad asks. "Bad, you idiot, he'd say she's wrong to make her look sus instead of him", Skeppy tells him. "Oh no, then we don't know who it is", he starts rambling.

"No, because Karl and Sykkuno just saw me go towards cams", I inform him. "Right you guys?"

"Uh, yeah, that's true, that's true", Sykkuno backs me up.

"See Dream?", I ask him. "I have a waterproof alibi, do you?"

"Uh, well...", he starts but gets interrupted by 5up.

"Wait I just saw Dream leave storage, going towards navigation, meaning Y/n isn't lying", he says. I quietly thank him and remind myself to spare him if I ever get imposter again.

"Told y'all he did it", I frown. What a bunch of dumbasses, wait no I take that back. How would they have known? I roll my eyes at how quick I was to judge, I'm starting to think I'm a really annoying person to know or be friends with.

"But how can we be sure it isn't you and 5up? Huh?", George asks triumphantly. I feel my face fall into a blank expression. That possibility isn't even imaginable seen as both Karl and Sykkuno saw me too.

"Because we saw her too", Karl says, taking the word out of my mouth. 'Soulmates', I think before stopping myself. My eyes widen at the realization of what I just proposed. Shit no.

~~~

The game ended a while ago and now Sapnap is just talking to his friends off-stream. We switched places some time ago but now he motions for me to come over while he's still talking. "Yeah, she's right here", he says to someone. "I'll give her the headset so I won't be able to hear you guys, BEHAVE", he warns them before standing up from the chair.

I sit down, variously. Who was he talking to? I can't remember. Oh well.

"Hello?", I greet them, having my guard up as always.

"Hi!", an excited voice greets back. Ah, it's Karl again.

"HOLA MAMACITA", Quackity practically deafens me, and not on call if you know what I mean. Gosh, does he have to be so goddamn loud all the time?

I look over at discord to see what call this is. 'Fiancée club?' I snicker as I read it.

"What's so funny?", Quackity asks me, seemingly anxious over not knowing what I'm laughing at.

"N-nothing", I manage to spit out between laughs. "I-It's just.." Inhale, you still need to breathe. "The name of-of the..." You take a pause to wheeze, you can't take anything seriously anymore due to being overly tired. "group chat... I- I can't", you finally finish.

"Hey, don't bully us", Karl protests, but you just keep giggling.

"Yeah, don't insult us or might just have to kill you", Quackity threatens me and somehow I start laughing all over again. The thought of the so very short law student with his wicked sense of humor murdering me, like ever, is so unimaginable that I can't even act serious. It's just too comedic to take.

"Why are you laughing at me?", he questions me. I wheeze trying to answer him, to no use. Luckily, Karl fills in for me.

"Because she thinks you wouldn't be able to", he explains. Valid guess.

"Wouldn't be- what the fuck, you think I can't murder a woman?! No wait, that sounded sexist let me rephrase that", he laughs hysterically at his mistake. As I said, wicked sense of humor. "What the fuck, you think I can't murder you? Yeah? Well, let me come over and test that theory?!", he yells.

I stay quiet as Karl suppresses his laughter. Nick looks at me, seeming to be deep in thought. I shrug at him.

"That's what I thought. You're too scared of my obvious killer skills", he brags when I don't say anything.

"Quackity", I say in a monotone voice, alarming my brother. He looks like he knows what's about to happen.

"Hm?"

"I will slice open your throat if you ever threaten me like that again", I continue with the same voice. He's caught off guard.

"I-oh", he laughs again, then when I don't join in he stops. "Wait, for real?", he doesn't sound scared yet, but at least he's not laughing at me.

"For real", I say. I can hear Karl trying to not let the mic pick up his giggling. "Oh. OH MY GOD. Please don't murder me mamacita, mamacita have mercy", he jokes but I can hear the scared tone in his voice. I'm having fun.