V1: Prologue

So we started a new series. This series is completely SFW and focused on the rom-com aspect. Just don't take it too seriously and enjoy the stories. 

*****

Doing this anymore, is really impossible for me.

It's lunch break and I've already reached my limit. I raise my head swiftly like I was trapped under water.

"Umm!"

I let out a loud voice. The conversation has stopped and everyone is looking at me.

"What is it, what is it?"
"Is there anything wrong?"
"......"
"Rena-chan?"

Uuu.....

I insist on not looking at the school's top star, Oozuka Mai, more than anyone and raise my hands.

"Sorry! I, um, err, have a sudden errand...you guys can continue to eat. Sorry, I'm very sorry! I'll see you guys later!"

After having said the whole thing in a high-speed, I quickly run away from the classroom.

Aaaa, they must think that I'm a weirdo. But I'm already at my breaking point...

I walk quickly through the corridor. When I arrive at a deserted area, I speed up my pace and climb the stairs without any care toward my fluttering skirts.

I finally arrive at my destination, the rooftop, a place where I can clearly feel the wind. There's no one here, it's a place only for me.

I unlock the door in front of me and open it. It feels like I can breath at last. I inhale a lot of air under the blue sky.

Aaah, I'm so glad. Each cell inside my body is rejoicing over the incoming fresh air. I close the door behind me and walk slowly to the edge of the rooftop. A proper fence is installed; its height is around my chest and I placed my fingers along the surface. 

The bustling noises from the other students sound so far away, I feel like in a completely different world right now.

Haah~ I'm reviving~....

I relax my body and lean on the fence. My knees are already resting on the floor.

"As I thought, it's impossible for me to not be a loner~...."

After two months have gone by, I finally realize my current situation. No matter how hard I try, I'm still a shabby character with a communication problem.

My name is Amaori Renako, first year of high school and I had a huge success making my high school debut come into a realization.

During my middle-school years, I was normal in terms of making friends. Until one day, I rejected the invitation from one of my friends to hang out just once and it led to me losing my place in school and ending up alone.

During those days, I put up a brave guise and claimed that I'm alone because I prefer it that way.

When I was in that condition, I remembered my friends during elementary school. Out of curiosity, I searched their name on social media and managed to find a few people I knew. Aah, how nostalgic. I thought of reaching out to them, but I rejected that idea. It's impossible. I no longer have the courage to do something like that.