V1: Ch 1.1

*****

I received my first confession from the school's top super darling.

"No no no....this is impossible, impossible..."

To avoid anyone's gaze I quickly went to the rooftop after school. I hold my head while stressing over the recent event. I keep myself away from the hazy noises from the students. Despite my effort, I can feel a blinding presence right next to me.

"Why is it impossible? You don't have anyone you like, right?"
"Even though that's true...! Wait why are you here, Mai!"
"I want to hear your answer. At this rate I won't be able to sleep because I keep thinking about you, and that would be a problem."
"Aahh, geez...."

I instantly get nervous after looking at that graceful appearance. My brain doesn't work really well, it might only be half of its usual capacity right now. I intended to get used to her as her friend from now on, but she casually dropped a bomb before I managed to do anything.

"Anyway, what did you mean by [I ended up falling in love with you]? Isn't that too quick? We only talked yesterday...."
"You are right."

Her long hair danced around following the wind, then she leaned her body on the fence.

"You instantly accepted me even though it's my first time complaining about something. Your face kept floating around inside my mind even after I arrived at my house. My heart couldn't stop beating loudly. For the first time in my life, I felt something like that...When I thought about it, I realized that I'm in love with you."
"You are exaggerating..."

Mai who looks complacent, and me who looks like a fool.

"If Oozuka Mai is getting low-spirited, there's no one who won't try to cheer you up...."
"But at that moment, the one who was right in front of me and said those words were you, you were the only one."

She pierced my heart with her sharp gaze.

I feel like suffocating.

"That's...don't treat me like I imprinted you...besides, for you to like me just because that one time, no matter how you see it, that's too easy don't you think...?"

The fact that she holds feelings for me and shows it very straightforwardly slowly sinks in, my cheeks are getting hot. To hide my embarrassment I avoid her gaze, but it seems like she misinterpreted my behavior.

"As I thought, it's mutual"
"That's not it! As a friend! I like you as a friend!" 

I never imagined that I would talk to her so casually like this...and it's just in the span of two days.

I realized that I gave her a very embarrassing answer, but her reply was the worst.

"You misunderstood, Renako. You like me as a lover."
"Just make sure that you won't collect troublesome enemies by that attitude of yours okay!?"

Me, a simple commoner, slowly took distance from her. She will brainwash me at this rate, I should put my guard up.

"Why are you so reluctant to accept my feelings? Is it because I'm a woman?"
"That's...not really the case, I think."

In fact, there are some girls who would perfectly be okay dating girls because she's Oozuka Mai who’s a half beauty and working as a pro model.

She also came from a super rich family and has a kind personality. If she's the most beautiful girl in this school, without any doubt she'll also gloriously take the coolest person title among the boys. She has a good reflex and is skilled at sports at the level she could jump off from the rooftop without any scratch. She's really the very definition of a super darling....