V1: Ch 3.1

*****

Two weeks left before June ended, I suddenly came to realize.

First kisses have various meanings and impressions depending on the person.

For example, there are people who think of kisses as a simple act of touching body parts and nothing more than that. But there are also people who think the opposite. (Of course I'm included in the latter category!)

It's when people think of kisses as something that changes their life.

But considering the condition of modern Japan, I think those types who get fussy over kisses are decreasing during this time.

Let's forget about that for now, because what we did before were kisses between friends, and I will insist that those are not counted as one.

Whenever I see Mai, my heart will squeeze. It makes me remember the sensation of her lips and the reaction from my body on that day, it's hurting my chest. I want to think of it as a mere imagination.

That's why.

"You are looking at her too much."
"Eh?"

Lunch break. The passing Satsuki-san was talking to me out of nowhere. I get surprised by her sudden words, was that directed to me?

"Did that woman do something to you? Your eyes look empty."
"That's..."

Satsuki-san throws her gaze toward the flawless beauty Mai.

"T-there's nothing wrong. I just thought that she sure is gorgeous too today, kind of thing."

Mai will begin her one week absence due to her overseas work starting today after lunch break. It became a hot topic for students in our class so she has always gotten surrounded since this morning.

From the center of attention, Mai is looking at me and shakes her hand with a thousand dollar smile, I received it for free.

She's an existence who gets a lot of attention just by existing. That is Oozuka Mai. Rather than simply having bewitching looks or graceful manners, her beauty can't be described by those common words. She has a mysterious quality that can captivate everyone just by being there. I think this is what they call [a natural].

Uuuh...I accidentally looked at her lips again. When I wanted to do a quick self-reflection, Satsuki-san talked to me again.

"Amaori, have you ever thought that it would be great if humanity turned into Oozuka Mai?"
"Of course not!?"

I reflectively let out a loud answer because that sure was an outrageous question. Satsuki-san doesn't really like noises so as expected, she frowned.

"Ah, sorry..."
"Nah, it's okay. Hey...you are being too depressed."

I was disappointed in myself for losing a point from Satsuki-san. She's very strict toward everyone so I'm always getting nervous whenever we talk together like this.

"What about you? Have you ever thought about that?"
"Rather than I had, I always think about it."

Huh, so there's also someone who thinks like that...Scary.

"Satsuki-san has been friends with Oozuka-san since a long time ago, right?"
"Well, yeah. I always thought that if I got to know that super darling a bit later, my personality would be a bit cheerful."

I don't really know what I should say, so it helps when Satsuki-san continues her words.

"Rather than friends it's more like...inseparable relationship...? When I'm sticking close with her, the moment she lets out an exasperated face, I will be able to see it."
"Eh, that kind of reason? Really?"