V4: Prologue

This was the best! So happy! Everyday was such a blast!

Alright! My name is Amaori Renako! Right now I am a totally ex-social recluse girl succeeding in my high-school debut☆

I'm a first year student at Ashigaya High, belonging to the most popular group at the top of the school's social pyramid. Plus, even though the five of us are girls, two of them are in love with me☆

Good grief, Renako's really troubled, y'know! Don't fight over me(∩//ω//∩) fufu, lol.

Something like this, something straight out of a dream, really surprised me☆ Geez, even though I'm only an ordinary girl with no special traits, the type of average girl who was as common as if mass-produced☆

And that was how I spent recess, shut inside a humid toilet stall far away from the classroom. I covered my face with my palms.

"...I wonder why...even though I only did my best everyday to survive...could it be that I'd unknowingly unleashed my hidden bright character persona...?" The words trickled from my mouth like some sort of curse.

The summer break had ended, and we were one week into the school year—and I already felt like I was at my limit with each passing second.

It sounded like someone had entered the bathroom. Well of course, since this was a public bathroom, it was natural for people to come in. But still, it surprised me so much that I instinctively held my breath.

"Ugh, school is so annoying~ if only the summer break could last forever~"
"That's true~"

It sounded like another group of girls I'd never met before, which put me at ease. For a moment, I was afraid that someone I knew had come looking for me. Good grief. I really needed to stop being so overly self-conscious like this.

"Ah, come to think of it, I heard that Takuma confessed to Oozuka Mai."
"Eeeh, for real? How funny."

Hearing a familiar name come up in their conversation, I turned stiff.

Their conversation leaked into my ears bit by bit.

"Ah, I just remembered that Shindou also confessed to Koto Satsuki."
"Eh, so she's on that side?"
"Well, it's understandable though."
"Sena too."
"Aaah."
"How popular."
"As expected."
"Right?"
"So lovable, right~"

Beyond the closed door came their laughter. They sounded like they were having fun. The striking beauties from Ashi-High had the power to bring people happiness simply by chanting their name.

After having an excited conversation, they finally left the bathroom.

I knew. I knew that those people were living in a different world than me. No one had mentioned my name after all. And of course, my name wouldn't have a magical effect like that. I left the toilet stall.

The Amaori Renako reflected in the mirror was someone with a blank expression, a face without any emotions.

Back in the classroom, I reactivated my old habit, trying to appear invisible in my surroundings. When I arrived at my desk, someone greeted me, waving her hand. "Hey."

It was Ajisai-san, who sat right in front of me. She greeted me with a carefree smile on her face, "Welcome back, Rena-chan."

"Ah, yeah..."

I nodded my head casually with a blank expression, then realized: No, this was wrong.

The me right now was a girl who belonged to the most popular group of the school, a charismatic individual—and on top of that, a super awesome person who had been confessed to by the top beauties of Ashigaya High.