V2: Ch 2

*****

Each person has a weakness they never want exposed.

For me I definitely didn’t want people to find out about my past, when I was a social recluse.

The me right now was surrounded by kind friends, which was why I was sure that even if they discovered my past, they wouldn’t make fun of me. Still, when I imagined hanging out with them, I felt like I wouldn’t be able to act like my usual self, since I would be very conscious of them knowing the huge differences between us. That was why I had decided it was better to carry this secret to my grave.

Considering the situation, honestly keeping things as a secret was very hard, since someone who knew about my past could easily appear now and then as long as I was alive. Everything could happen, except being able to completely erase my past.

That was why…

“Hey hey, Big Sis. Will Mai-senpai and Ajisai-senpai come again?”
“Eeeh? It’s not that easy for them to come.”

It was after school in the evening. I was lying on the sofa in the living room playing a smartphone game when my sister suddenly appeared.

“Are you okay, Big Sis?”
“Eh? Why?”
“Nah, it’s just...this isn’t some new form of bullying since you’re socially inept, right?”
“Of course that’s not the case?!”

What on earth was she saying?!

I swiftly propped myself up and received a lukewarm gaze from my little sister.

“Y’see, when I imagine this social recluse is dating someone like Mai-senpai and getting married in the future, I can’t really believe it. That’s why I thought that everything must be a dream.”
“It’s not! This is reality! Ah! But we aren’t getting married!”

Since my parents would come home late today, I could talk about Mai frankly in the living room like this.

“Listen, don’t say anything about this to Mom and Dad, okay? Also, don’t you dare bring up my past again. Keep both of them as a secret, got it?!”
“Of course I get it.”

My little sister poked my thigh. Stop it! Why are you doing that?! I know that unlike me, you have an ideal body but would you stop?!

“After all, I’m not that cruel to mess up your spring that I never thought would come.”
“You jerk…”

So this was how Satsuki-san felt whenever she confronted Mai. Yeah, I bet you couldn’t be honest if you were in this situation.

Just as she had planned(?), my little sister managed to put me on edge. She casually folded her hands behind her head.

“Aaah, now I want to eat doughnuts. Hey, let’s buy some doughnuts. There’s this doughnut store I want to try.”
“Eeh, how bothersome. Just buy doughnuts at a nearby convenience store.”

My little sister waved the two thousand yen bills from our mother for our dinner today.

“That’s not good. If I’m not eating that doughnut, some weird words might slip out. Social recluse, social recluse, social recluse.”
“Come here so I can kill you!”

The store she wanted to visit was four stations away from our house. At this rate, I would totally get roped into her evil schemes not far in the future.

I sloppily put on my shirt and we headed to the doughnut store.

“Yay, I love you, Big Sis!”
“Yeah yeah.”