V3: 1

Ajisai-san’s house was located in the residential area.

Her white house looked adorable, just like her.

“Welcome, please come in.”
“Ah, e-excuse me for the intrusion.”

I didn’t know why my voice was quiet as I passed through the front door.

Ah, I just stepped inside Ajisai-san’s house...I was sure that after this I would have the same thought over and over, so pardon me for that. I couldn’t help it. Since I had just stepped inside Ajisai-san’s house after all….(2nd time)

I entered a living room that felt refreshing from the air conditioning, and she told me to sit on the sofa. I timidly did what she said and obediently sat on it. So this was the sofa where Ajisai-san usually sat….(3rd time)

“Rena-chan, barley tea, coffee, black tea, and orange juice, which do you want?”
“Ah, sorry for troubling you. Umm, err, well then, I’ll have orange juice.”
“Okaay.”

Ajisai-san left me alone to prepare the drinks, and since I didn’t have anything else to do, I looked around the room.

This really was Ajisai-san’s house….. This was the house where Ajisai-san was born, where she grew up……(4th time)

A huge television, a comfortable sofa, a long, wooden table. There were children's clothes, paper, stationary, and toys in the corner. This house really felt like a household with small children.

While still scanning around the room, deep down I also searched for the proof of Ajisai-san’s growth inside this house. The marks on the wall, could it be that they were something that Ajisai-san did back then? Ah, I found Ajisai-san’s textbook on the table! So this place really was where Ajisai-san lives! (5th time)

I was really becoming gross. That was when Ajisai-san reentered the room.

“Here it is.”
“Ah, thank you.”

Ajisai-san sat beside me and turned on the TV screen.

“Hey, let’s play that game from last time!”
“O-okay, of course I’m down for it.”
“Ehehe, yay. Ah, but I might also want to chat for a bit before that.”

Ajisai-san flashed a smile while holding the controller in her hands, turning on the game.

“I-I’m okay with doing both.”

She looked so familiar with the controller, it made me realize that this was also part of her daily life...somehow the whole thing made me feel tingly. (6th time)

Ajisai-san really gamed...well, we had already gamed together before though.

“Hey Rena-chan, what were you doing recently?”
“Eh? R-recently. Err, err, let’s see.”

It’s here! Idle chat time!

Right now, my brain was in the middle of an important mission, which was “preserving my sanity since I was inside Ajisai-san’s house”. That alone had probably already used up almost all of my brain’s capacity….

Recently, recently…….

Honestly the only significant thing I did lately was attending Mai’s fashion show, but I’d been the only one invited… Ajisai-san had no idea about my relationship with Mai, and I had a hunch that if I told her, things would become bothersome.

Which meant, I had zero chatting material for now.

“Well, studying and gaming? Enjoying the air conditioner all day while rolling around in my room…”