V2: Ch 1.1

*****

Mai's group consists of beauties who stand at the top of the school's caste considering their popularity.

The leader, Oozuka Mai, is Ashi-High's super darling.

An angel who's kind even to someone like me, Sena Ajisai-san.

A cute mascot-like character who's treated as everyone's little sister, Koyanagi Kaho-chan.

A cool diva with gorgeous black hair, Koto Satsuki-san.

And somehow there's this small fry mixed in, but let's forget about that for now.

Despite being a part of this exclusive circle, the only ones I'm able to speak normally with are Ajisai-san and Kaho-chan. Mai is popular, so she is always surrounded by a crowd. So while she bombarded me with messages at school, we talked a lot when we were alone.

And with Satsuki-san, it's rare for us to talk to each other. Till now, I was under the impression that she hated me, but it turned out to be a mere misunderstanding on my end. I didn't feel as frightened as before, but well…

A sudden confession, of course I would be surprised.

And I was painfully aware that her true intentions are far from genuine.

Basically, it's that kind of thing.

Satsuki-san wanted to enact her revenge against Mai. The problem is, Mai's mentality was on par with an iron fortress.

Her strong mind was on such a level that I could just imagine her calmly say, “Hm, so it burned down. It can't be helped, let's sleep at a hotel for the night,” if her mansion were to suddenly catch on fire (Imagination).

In order to leave a mortal wound, my existence was necessary and that's why I was the best pawn for Satsuki-san to use.

“Am I right, Satsuki-san!?”
“You're not.”

Satsuki-san shook her head after hearing Detective Renako's brilliant deduction.

Under the scorching sun, Satsuki-san calmly opened her mouth.

“I like you from the bottom of my heart. Somehow, I ended up falling for you, Amaori. I like you so much, it's crazy, I love you.”
“What a splendid, emotionless confession!”

Dammit, if she's willing to go that far, I have no choice but to humor her...!

“Well then, what part of me do you like!?”
“Eh? …..Uh let's see…”

Satsuki-san rested her palm on her chin as she began to think.

Her gaze wandered over to some empty space.

“.............................Because, you properly understand your place?”
“As if that's an acceptable reason to like someone!”

On top of that, you're answering me with a question!? At least give me a more convincing reaction, even if it's all a lie!

“Huh, could it be that you're dissatisfied with me as your partner?”
“Eh!? N-no, t-that'sー”

That's the kind of misunderstanding I wanted to avoid. I should admit that in that moment, Satsuki-san was scary. And that's why it was very difficult to turn down a confession coming from her.

“Of course it isn't something like that. Satsuki-san is very charming after all...and…”
“And?”
“I've always admired your sharp and beautiful voice, and that dignified persona...You look so cool sitting on your chair, brimming with confidence. And you are such a straightforward person that I can't help but be envious of your personality…”