V2: Prologue

*****
I was tricked, I was tricked, she totally tricked me…

Amaori Renako—a completely normal high-school freshman, lacking any distinctive features, is currently shaking.

Right now, I'm in the middle of a grand party, a place where a commoner won't ever dare to enter. No matter which direction I look, it's filled with gentlemen wearing neat suits and ladies with their gorgeous dresses…

Meanwhile, I surely look like I'm cosplaying, with this black dress that feels completely out of place. This is really disheartening.

The sounds that are flowing inside this room feel so far away as I look around with a frown on my face. I feel like throwing up. This is the worst, much worse than any other situation I can think of.

Those nobles sitting around the tables must be talking about complicated stuff like stocks or currencies. I don't get what they're saying at all.

Suddenly, I hear someone's squeal coming from another direction.

The venue gets rowdy very quickly, and I can feel the source of that clamor coming closer.

Like splitting a sea of people, she walks out from the middle of the crowd, straight in my direction.

Clad in a scarlet dress, her elegance is truly on another level compared to all the women in this place.

A well-shaped nose, succulent lips, and eyes that shine brighter than the sun—people are enraptured by every part of her, unable to look away.

I can feel a lot of gazes from every direction on me, because right now, that woman—Oozuka Mai—stopped right in front of me.

“What do you think? Did you have fun?”

With an enticing smile, she asks me with a soothing voice. While on the other hand, I feel my emotions going numb.

“Just kill me, please just kill me…”
“As usual, you sure have a unique personality.”

Mai covered her lips with her palm and let out a graceful smile. Is it that interesting for you to look at this embarrassing commoner?

“...Why did you bring me, to this kind of place…?”

Even I was surprised with how small my voice sounded.

“Because I got invited to this party, of course. Besides, you already agreed to come, right?”
“Really? Are you sure your memory hasn't been tampered with?”

My brain, that is no longer able to work at full potential, desperately tries to remember.

It all started with Mai speaking to me with an apologetic face, “I troubled you a lot, that's why, how about a dinner as an apology?”

Since it's only dinner, I didn't really need to give it much thought and instantly agreed… Huh, wait.

I'm pretty sure I asked her not to take me to any weird places, and she said that she won't. Since we became Rema friends, I thought we could understand each other better.

Ah, Rema friends is our new relationship. Basically, we should decide what kind of relationship we want to have until our graduation.
(TL Notes: For you who confused what Rema friends is please go back to the first volume's epilogue)

Anyway, Mai told me that she would only bring me to a hotel buffet.

Also, since it's a luxurious one, she asked me to wear a dress. It was a bit embarrassing, but I accepted her request. I bet it's just for her own entertainment. It can't be helped.