V3: 3.2

“Eeehhhh…..?”

We arrived at the room next to ours. In other words, Mai’s room.

In that room, there was a huge clothing rack, and—

―many different types of yukata hung up on it.

It was like we were inside a yukata rental shop.

Seeing this, I was sure that even Ajisai couldn’t help but felt unsettled, but―

“Eeh, Mai-chan, you’re awesome!”

Or not.

“Waah,” Ajisai-san excitedly looked through the yukata, feeling the material. She had accepted it this easily?!

“I borrowed them from the hotel I usually stay at. We just need to return it after using it, so please feel free to choose whichever one you like.”
“Waa, can we really borrow any of these for free...?”
“That’s right. It’s like...when you are a regular at a café, the owner would treat you to a complimentary dessert, something like that.”
“Waah, that’s amazing...it sounds like a completely different world...well then, I’ll take you up on your offer, Mai-chan!”
“It’s my pleasure, Ajisai. I want everyone to wear it, after all.”

I trembled all over as I watched their conversation from the start.

Even though I had to compete against Ajisai-san at table tennis to convince her to split the bills...Mai was basically on another level…

Both my frustration and complacency were excessive, but it was even more frustrating than satisfying after all…! If only I had 50 trillion in my bank account…!

“Renako too. Please choose the one you like.”
“I-I won’t lose, Mai…! I’ll be the one to get Ajisai-san’s heart in the end…! Don’t think that you can win with this method…!”

Mai had a lonely look on her face.

“I see...I was getting ahead of myself since I really wanted us to go to the festival together wearing yukata...but you’re not happy about that…?”
“Nope, of course I’m excited right now. It makes me happy! I’m looking forward to you and Ajisai-san wearing yukata! Really!”

That wasn’t good. To think that I had vented my frustration towards Mai, who purely did things for Ajisai-san and my sake. I was no better than a douchebag. Get lost, ugly emotions! Begone!

Huh. If I eliminated every ugly emotion I had, I would basically be exterminating my entire existence...well, let’s forget about that for now. I shifted my gaze to the numerous types of yukata before me. Let’s stop feeling anything!

Looking at the variety of colours and fabrics, as well as the accessories, really made me excited, considering I was a normal high school girl! (emotionless)

“I wonder which one’s good.”

In times like these, I would often end up choosing outfits that looked good on my little sister rather than for myself.

As sisters, we resembled each other quite a bit. Also, our interests, and like, what was it again, our preferences…? The colour, glamour, and.........pompadour? Whatever, I didn’t really remember the exact words. In short, we just about shared the same tastes. If I considered that from this perspective, I was sure that I wouldn't mess anything up.

Anyway, my current interest was, well...things that would look cute and suit Ajisai-san.

It was only inevitable, right? For me, Ajisai-san was the embodiment of an ideal girl! Right?