V1: Ch 4

*****

Monday started with cloudy weather since morning, also, this heavy feeling inside my chest won't go away.

Even though this is the last week of June, the mood between me and Mai makes it hard for us to see each other. How depressing...

...Since that day.

When I washed my face, I couldn't shake off the sensation of her fingers lingering on my body, or the pain on my palm after I slapped her.

I get it. I'll apologize.

Even though she's the root of this problem, I admit that I was going too far to raise my hand on her. Moreover, she's a model, so it's not good to damage her battle weapon like that.

But still, apologizing even though she's the one who did something like that to my body is humiliating...

Whatever. At least I'll put on my best battle mode by carefully applying this makeup from the other day. I also arrange my hair neatly and go straight to school.

Even though I was fully prepared for our battle, Mai didn't come to school this morning. She really messed up my rhythm.

...I wonder if she’s still busy with her works.

During lunch break, I eat together with the usual members. I chewed on my bread while letting my mind float around.

When I'm looking at Ajisai-san who’s pulling out her handmade lunchbox, I can't help but have my heart beating faster...Now that I think about it, after Ajisai-san left on that day, I ended up grappling with Mai after all...

Satsuki-san didn't talk as much as usual, but just like using her energy, Kaho-chan has been very merry since earlier.

"Kaho-chan, is there something good happening?"
"Hehehe, so you realize, Ajisai-chan? Y'see, today after school, y'see. Fufufu."
"Ah! I smell romance.
"It's still a secret for now!"

When I'm looking at them, I instantly think about us. I wonder if our relationship can be fixed and we'll be able to enjoy our time like that again.

...I don't know, but I really want for our relationship to go back like before.

Like before...what kind of relationship was that? Friends from the same group? Best friends? Or...?

Still, can I even apologize when my head is in a mess like this...

Somehow I keep being anxious and doubt everything. Me and my poor communication skills!

When I'm in the middle of pondering over everything in my head, suddenly.

"Hey, Amaori."

When I'm alone, Satsuki-san approaches me.

"Can you spare your time after school for a bit?"

Eh, that's rare.

I'm not really in a mood to hang out today...But I can't reject someone's invitation.

My stomach hurts.

But when I look at her eyes, they were not a look when you invite your friends to have fun. They look like marble, eyes without any emotions.

"I want to talk about Mai."
"Eh?"

Without saying anything, she kept looking at me with that mysterious air. The black stains inside my heart are getting larger.

"After school, at the rooftop."

That was supposed to be a secret just between me and Mai.

Eh.......could it be that Satsuki-san already knows!?