Chapter One: Madmax - [Pt. 1]

(TRIGGER WARNING! Contains fears, swearing, mention of death, and mention of kidnapping)

Third Person POV

Sunshine barley peaking from the drawn blinds, spreading across her fragile face as she sits at the cabins vintage dining table.

One year later, y/n's unknown condition seemed go unnoticed at times. She takes her treatment and has her inhaler with her at all times. Thankfully, she isn't on oxygen all the time anymore, only when she sleeps.

Y/n still has not gone to a doctor about her condition, because of her fear of the bad men finding her again. She didn't want them to get to her again. She didn't want to have to suffer again. She didn't want to relive that again.

On the bright side, over the last year y/n has developed a more feisty personality. She even began to get into feminism. She enjoyed reading about the topic and she even began to express it in her vocabulary.

She gained these traits from reading many different books, and many of her favorite characters being feministic. Her all time favorite book series was, Anne of Green Gables.

She looked up to the strong female characters such as Anne Shirley, Marilla Cuthbert, and Miss Stacy.

But even if y/n read about all of these amazing topics, she still felt different. Not the same. Y/n acted like her life is all sunshine but in reality, her life has dark roots and vines, ready to latch onto her at any time.

She has many deep fears, that she is yet to concur. Even though she seems fearless.

It's all a mask.

Your POV

I had been sitting at our dining table, and I had began to write a list:

My worst fears:
1. Myself
2. Someone I love being afraid of me
3. Being abandoned
4. Not being able to save someone I love
5. Not getting better
6. Being too late
7. Being forgotten
8. Them finding me again

I hate it. I hate my fears and I hate this list.

I don't want to be reminded of my fears, but I read a book that said writing it out would help. I lock my fears away for a reason, and this is supposed to make me feel good?

But from speculation, I feel even worst.

I mean, how could this make anyone feel better? How could this stupid list possibly cure our fears?

Will's POV

"Okay. So, I'll pick you up in two hours. That's 9:00 on the dot, okay?" Mom stated, just as we arrive at the arcade. She was going to drop me off so me, Mike, Dustin, and Lucas could play the arcade games.

I quickly responded, "Okay,"

"If anything happens, if you need to come home, just ask them to use their phone and call home. Okay? Don't-" Mom began to say before I finished it for her.

"Don't walk or bike home. I know,"

She started to say something else, she "Okay, but, sweetie-"