Chapter Six: The Spy - [Pt. 1]

(TRIGGER WARNING! Contains fear, trauma, uncertainty, and mention of death)

Dustin's POV

'Hammer To Fall' playing on the cars radio, in Steve's car.

"Wait a sec. How big?" Steve asks me as he drives to my house.

"First it was like that." I responded, showing about a inch with my hands.

"Now he's like this." I added as I expand the size to show the growth of Dart.

"I swear to God, man, it's just some little lizard, okay?" Steve sweared back to me.

"It's not a lizard." I answered him, stating a true fact.

"How do you know?" Steve replied, still asking the same question.

"How do I know if it's not a lizard?" I say, asking another question in respond to his question.

"Yeah! How do you know it's not just a lizard?" Steve repeated.

"Because his face opened up and he ate my cat."

*Time Skip*

Steve pulled up outside my home.

Once we got out he opened up the trunk, and he grabbed the baseball bat with nails in it.

Memories. Last year was hilarious yet traumatizing. I might have enjoyed it a little too much.

We approached the cellar that I had captured-

Captured is kinda a strong word in this situation, let's say... trapped. The cellar that I had trapped dart in.

We waited a view seconds for a 'sign' that Dart was down there.

"I don't hear shit." Steve stated, obviously confused but annoyed.

He thought that I was lying.

"He's in there." I responded to him.

Steve hit on the cellar's large doors twice to try and 'set off' Dart.

Nothing.

Nothing.

"All right, listen, kid." Steve says to me as he points the bright flashlight in my face, causing me to flinch.

"I swear, if this is some sort of Halloween prank, you're dead." Steve added.

"It's not."

"All right?"

"It's not a prank. Get it out of my face." I repeated, him moving the flashlight's bright ray in a different direction.

"You got a key for this thing?" Steve questioned as I hand him the key to the mysterious cellar.

He opened up the cellar and pointed the flashlight down the stairs.

There was nothing in his view.

Nothing, once again.