Chapter Three: The Pollywog - [Pt. 1]

(TRIGGER WARNING! Contains fear, arguing, feeling invisible, and rebel)

Your POV

The morning.

One of my least favorite parts of the day.

I wish I could sleep all day, but it's not possible.

"Rise and shine." Hopper says from the kitchen.

"Hi." I say, obviously tired and still connected to my oxygen.

"Hi y/n." He says, but turns his attention back to my fully awake sister.

"So that's it, huh? You're still not talking? All right. I guess I'm just gonna have to, uh... enjoy this triple-decker Eggo extravaganza on my own." He says, making Eleven's eyes widen.

*Short Time Skip*

We sat at our small dining table, as Hopper cuts the 'triple-decker Eggo extravaganza' into 3 pieces.

Of course I got the smallest one, I wasn't really into Eggos that much anyways.

"Mmm! Mmm!" Hopper says as he licks the knife he cut the Eggos with.

"Good, right? Know the great thing about it? It's only 8,000 calories." He says, with a light sniffle.

"You visited him again last night?" He says, changing the subject.

"She visits him every night." I say, rubbing my eyes.

"He says he needs me." She says to answer his question.

"Want me to go check on him?" He says, Eleven responding by shaking her head.

"I know that you miss him, all right? But it's too dangerous. You're the last thing he needs right now. You're gonna see him. Soon." He says which pushes me deep into my thoughts.

This is what I mean.

Nobody has ever said something so heartfelt to me.

It's hard to not feel left out when stuff like this happens often.

"And not just in that head of yours. You're gonna see him in real life. I feel like I'm making progress with these people." He says, making me feel totally invisible.

"Friends don't lie." She says causing me to roll my eyes.

"What?" He says, obviously confused.

"You say soon on day 21. You say soon on day 205. You now say "soon" on day 326?" She says making me more annoyed by the second.

Yeah, I love my sister.

But this was so unnecessary.

"What is this? You're counting the days now like you're some kind of prisoner?" He says, stating our confusion.

"Don't you guys think it's a bit too early for this?" I say, still tired.

"When is soon?" She says, totally ignoring my claim.

"Soon is when...  it's not dangerous anymore." He says trying answer the question.