Chapter One: Madmax - [Pt. 2]

(TRIGGER WARNING! Contains swearing, trauma, and sexism)

Will's POV

*Time Skip*

"Meet the human brain. I know. I know, it doesn't look like much. A little gross even, right? But consider this. There are a hundred billion cells inside of this miracle of evolution. All working as one. No, no, I did not misspeak. I did not stutter. A hundred billion." Mr. Clarke says, starting our lesson.

Suddenly, the door opens and the Principal and a red head girl walk in the door.

"Ah, this must be our new student." Mr. Clarke says, looking at the two.

"Indeed. All yours." The Principle says, and walks out shortly after.

The girl goes to sit down, but Mr. Clarke stops her just in time.

"All right. Hold up. You don't get away that easy. Come on up. Don't be shy. Dustin, drum roll." Mr. Clarke says, causing the girl to roll her eyes and Dustin began a drum roll.

"Class, please welcome, all the way from sunny California, the latest passenger to join us on our curiosity voyage, Maxine." Mr. Clarke says, making the girl speak up.

"It's Max." The girl says, quietly.

"Sorry?" Mr. Clarke says, in response.

"Nobody calls me Maxine. It's Max." She says, a bit louder.

"MadMax." Lucas says, to Me, Dustin, and Mike.

"Well, all aboard, Max." Mr. Clarke says, as Max goes and sits in the back of the class.

We turn our heads and examine the red headed girl, thinking about if she was the one and only MadMax or not.

*Time Skip*

"There's no way that's Mad Max." Mike says, as we look at Max from the gate.

"Yeah. Girls don't play video games." I say, adding on.

Your POV

Me and Eleven were on the couch, checking on her friends and my friend.

"Girls. Don't. Play. Video. Games." Eleven says, as she wears her blindfold to check on her friends and my friend.

"Sexism." I say, rolling my eyes.

Turns out there were more then a few books about feminism and sexism in this place.

I had just read, The Feminine With Mystique and that book was just wow.

It was outstanding.

Outstanding is a understatement compared to how phenomenal that book was.

Eleven takes off her blindfold and places it onto the couch.

"What is 'sexism'?" She says, asking me.

"Oh my God! I haven't told you about feminism have I?" I say, getting super excited.