Chapter Six: The Spy - [Pt. 3 - FINAL PART]

(TRIGGER WARNING! Contains loneliness, mention of death, trauma, and fear)

Third Person POV

"Oh, yeah. Yeah, this will do. This will do just fine." Steve stated, "Good call, dude."

Dustin and Steve dumped the remaining steak from their buckets in a pile.

"I said medium-well!"

Lucas and Max waved at them, slowly coming closer to Steve and Dustin.

"Who's that?" Steve asked since he was unfamiliar with Max.

*Time Skip*

Dustin's POV

Me and Lucas were crouching behind a car while Steve and Max worked on the bus.

"You told her?" I asked.

"So what?" Lucas replied, as if this wasn't a big deal.

"So what?"

"You wanted to tell her, too." Lucas stated, but that wasn't a good piece of evidence to support his case.

"But I didn't, all right? We agreed not to tell her and to look for Dart." I responded, stating a good example of valid evidence.

"Who you conveniently found." Lucas added, implying that I was lying.

Well, I was.

"Are you suggesting that I'm lying?" I lied, not wanting to cause a large argument at the moment.

"I'm saying you have a creepy little bond with him." Lucas explained. I didn't think it was creepy, maybe odd but not creepy.

"Yeah, that was before he turned into a Demogorgon." I stated.

"And you haven't heard from Mike?" Lucas questioned. I obviously hadn't.

"No."

"Or Will?"

"No."

"Hopper?"

"No! No one is around. Why do you think I'm with Steve Harrington? Something's-" I snapped before getting cut off by Lucas.

"Wrong. I agree. Which is why we need as much help as we can get." Lucas added, referring to Max.

I mean, yeah, it's good that he brought Max.

But I have a feeling the other party members aren't gonna be happy about this.

By 'other party members' I mean Mike.

"She didn't believe me anyway." Lucas stated. He sounded kinda disappointed, it was in his tone.

"You probably didn't tell it right." I say in respond to him.

"That must be it." He replied.

"So, we good?" Lucas asked before our conversation was rudely interrupted by Steve banging the back of the car we were behind, with a folded up chair.