Chapter Five: Dig Dug - [Pt. 1]

(TRIGGER WARNING! Contains mention of death, trauma, and fear)

Mike's POV

I was wrapped in blankets, trying to keep warm in the the freezing Byers' home

Suddenly, Will sits up with a gasp.

I sat up, in response to his sudden actions.

"Will, what's wrong?" I ask him with concern in my tone.

Will leaves the room quickly and I follow him.

Will goes to Mrs. Byers, who was sitting and looking at the odd drawings that Will made.

"Mom? Mom? Mom?" Will says to his mother, trying to get her attention.

"Yeah?" Mrs. Byers gasps in response to his shaky and scared tone.

"I saw him." Will states, but me and Mrs. Byers didn't know what he meant.

"You saw who, baby?" Mrs. Byers asks, wanting more information.

"Hopper. I think he's in trouble. I think he's going to die."

Your POV

Five-one-five Larrabee.

"All right. I think this is it. Five-one-five Larrabee, right?" The trucker says, after his truck comes to a stop.

"Yes. Five-fifteen." Eleven responds back to him.

"All right, five-fifteen. Sure." The trucker stated to her.

"Thank you." Eleven replies as she climbs out the truck, and I follow her out.

"Hey. You apologize to your mama's, yeah? Huh? Must be scared half to death. How long's it been?" The trucker asks, asking personal questions that I did not want to answer.

"Long time." Eleven answers, the trucker drives off and we walk up the road to the house.

When we made it to the door, Eleven sighed deeply with a sort of fearful look on her face.

"It's gonna be okay, alright." I reassure her, she nods in response and knocks on the door.

We waited a few moments before we heard a voice from the inside.

"Go away! I'm not interested!"

Eleven knocks more in attempt to get her to open.

The door slightly opens, revealing a women with curly brown hair and an annoyed expression plastered on her face.

"Look, I don't want your Thin Mints, all right, kids?" The women says, confusing me and Eleven.

"Thin Mints?" Eleven questioned, I was also asking the same question in my head.

"Or your religious mumbo jumbo. Whatever you guys selling, I ain't buying, okay?" The women states, closing the door after she finished her lecture.

Eleven looks at me momentarily before using her powers to open the door, the door also making a creaking noise in the process.