Chapter Eight: The Mind Flayer - [Pt. 3 - FINAL PART]

(TRIGGER WARNING! Contains mention of death, corpse, fear, and trauma)

Your POV

I slowly opened my eyes, where was I? Still on the couch, apparently. I had fallen asleep,  m but there was no one around. People were talking, but they weren't around me. But I noticed something else. I was laying on someone's shoulder.

Will's shoulder.

I quickly got onto the feet, how did that even happen? I usually didn't move around in my sleep. Maybe it was because I hadn't slept in a while?

Sounds kept coming from the kitchen, so I decided to go towards the kitchen, "I get why El was your mage now," I heard Max say, as I entered the kitchen.

Max and Mike were rummaging through the kitchen cupboards, I'm not sure why though. "What?"

I sat onto the kitchen floor, next to Max, the girl with the bright red hair. I looked at Mike, he seemed so familiar, like I had seen him before.

"Lucas. He told me all about her."

Mike also looked like he had seen me before, he stared at me like I was a familiar face he had been dying to see. Maybe, it was because I reminded him of Eleven.

He continued his conversation with Max, "Well, he shouldn't have. And just because you know the truth, it doesn't mean you're in our party," Mike snapped, was he always like this? "You do know that, right?"

Honesty, I kinda understand the story of Eleven and Mike better now. Both of them are quite ignorant and stubborn, they belong with each other.

"Wow, you didn't have to be so rude about it..." I stated, both of them turning their attention towards me.

Mike rolled his eyes, "You have nothing to do with this,"

My life was nothing to everyone that I knew. I was just a fill in for their beloved Eleven, who was currently off being a criminal.

"Yeah, I know. I mean, why would you want a stupid zoomer in your party anyway?" Max added, continuing their conversation that surprisingly hadn't morphed into a argument, "I'm just saying, El? She sounds like she was really awesome."

I guess I was just used to arguments all the time, that I expect them to occur more than they should.

"Yeah, she was. Until that thing took her. Just like it took Bob,"

Honestly, I wasn't even there and I know what happened better than him. Hopper had told us about what happened to Bob in the car, and it was nothing like what happened to Eleven. "I'm pretty sure that's not what happened, but sure." I smiled sarcastically.

"How would you know? You weren't there." Mike scoffed. What is this dude's problem? All I've done is exist, and somehow that's causing a problem.

I'm not gonna pity him just because he 'misses' Eleven. That's not how life works.

"Max, can you leave?" Mike asked, confusing me. Max also looked confused, "Uh, sure?" Max for up and walked out of the kitchen, Mike turning his attention back to me.