Chapter Nine: The Gate - [Pt. 1]

(TRIGGER WARNING! Contains assault, mention of death, loneliness, fear, and trauma)

Your POV

"Eleven,"

Eleven gasped, "Mike," They embraced each other in a hug. To others, they probably seemed all emotional and cute, but to me? Not really.

But, I will admit something. I missed her, but she probably didn't miss me.

"Is that..."

Mike and Eleven stopped hugging and looked at each other, deeply, "I never gave up on you. I called you every night. Every night for-" Eleven cut him off, "353 days. I heard."

"Why didn't you tell me you were there? That you were okay?" Mike had a sense of urgency in his tone, like he would die without an answer.

"Because I wouldn't let her,"

Hopper stepped over to their 'scene' and looked at Eleven, "The hell is this? Where you been?"

Eleven responded, "Where have you been?"

I raised both of my hands up in my defense and stepped into their emotional 'scene', "This time, it wasn't my fault," Hopper pulls us both into a hug. It was kind of nice, it was the nicest I've felt in a while.

It made me think I was loved.

"You've been hiding her," It was like Mike had realized something that seemed so obvious to me, "You've been hiding her this whole time!"

Mike shoved into me and Hopper, we pulled out of our hug, and I felt myself boiling, "I wouldn't try that with me." My eyes were a dark red, and I could tell they were, and I could tell he was scared.

"Hey! Let's talk. Alone." Hopper basically dragged Mike into another room, to 'talk'. Honestly, who told Mike he could do that? I literally despise that kid.

"Protecting her! Protecting her?"

They most likely thought we couldn't hear them, but we could.

"Listen. Listen to me. The more people know about her and her sister, the more danger they're in. And the more danger you and your family are in-"

I spent a year without my sister, and I knew her much longer than a week. Yet, I didn't freak out like this.

"So I should be thanking you?"

Why did he have to make every situation extra? I really thought that my sister would have taste, maybe he's just under stress?

"I'm not asking you to thank me! I'm asking you to try to understand,"

I wish people understood me, but nobody did. It made me feel alone.

"I don't! I don't understand!"

Yeah, same. I don't understand my life. I don't understand why my life is like this. I don't understand anything.

"That's fine. That's fine! Just do not blame her! All right? She's upset enough as it is."

Wow, Hopper. Your bond between you and Eleven is really showing. I've been upset, sad, and alone this entire time, yet not one person has noticed. But, I didn't expect anyone would.