Chapter One: Madmax - [Pt. 3 - FINAL PART]

(TRIGGER WARNING! Contains trauma, sickness, and fear)

Joyce's POV

We were walking to our vehicles, Will was ahead of me and Hopper.

"Trust me? Are you kidding me?" I say, obviously annoyed.

"Yeah, I know. But, you know, university gives out a degree, this guy's got it. And look, that post-traumatic stuff he's talking about, that stuff is real. He's gonna be okay." Hopper says, trying to make me feel better.

"All right? How's Bob the Brain?" Hopper says, making me even more annoyed.

"Don't call him that." I say, snapping at him.

"Sorry. Old habit." Hopper says in response.

"He's good. We're good." I say, answering the question.

"Good. I'm happy for you. Really. Hey... Things get worse, you call me first. You call me." He says, shifting conversations to something more serious.

"Okay." I say, as my response.

Your POV

"Eleven!" I say, yelling from our room since she was watching soap operas on the couch.

"Yes!" She says back, also yelling loudly.

"What time does the soap opera start!" I say, wanting to know what time our favorite soap opera starts.

"8-0-5!" She says back, answering my question.

"Okay!" I say, as I get up and walk into the kitchen.

I walk to one of our lower cabinets, and pull out my nebulizer and the medicine that goes inside.

"Can I help you?" Eleven says, as she walks into the kitchen as well.

"Sure." I say as I place my supplies on the table.

"Okay, so you just pour this medicine into this metal container." I say, motioning on how to do it.

"Okay." She says, as she starts to pour the medicine into the nebulizer.

In the process, she spilled a little on the table.

"Sorry." She says, placing the medicine back on the table.

"No, it's fine. I'll just clean it up." I say, going to grab a paper towel.

"Hey, y/n?" She says, as I bring back a paper towel and begin to clean it up.

"Yeah?" I say, as I clean the mess slowly.

"Why don't you ever leave?" She says, making me slightly confused.

"What do you mean?" I say, honestly not knowing what she meant.

"Leave. You can go if you want to. Why not?" She says, making me understand a little more.

"Well. I just don't want to go." I say, saying it softly.