Chapter Eight: The Mind Flayer - [Pt. 2]

(TRIGGER WARNING! Contains mention of s*icide, loneliness, fear, and trauma)

Your POV

Life is a like rollercoaster. It's something that can't stop, unless it breaks down in between. Sometimes, you'll be able to fix it. Other times, it's impossible.

You'll be done. You can't move on from that.

But, sometimes the ride isn't the problem. The tracks of the train isn't always the problem, it might just be the person who is on the ride.

They might just want to let go, unbuckle their seatbelt and fall off the fast ride. That might be idle for some, idle for me.

Is it okay to know that someone is okay with leaving you behind? Moving on? Abandoning you? But, why should you care? Why should you even have a thought about it after?

"Guys?"

I'll answer that, it's because it hurts. It hurts to a point where I would unbuckle my seatbelt. I would fall off my ride. I would let the rollercoaster break down.

Suddenly, I heard a loud honking sound, which snapped me out of my deep thoughts. There were two cars coming towards us, from the gate entrance, "Outta the way!" Steve shouted to us as all attempted quickly moved to the side of the road.

"Look out!"

One of the cars zoom past us, while the other stopped in front of us. It was a police car. It was Hopper's police car.

Was I going to get in trouble? Most likely, yes.

He gave me a 'what are you doing here?' look. With the window rolled down he stated abruptly, "Let's go,"

"Come on!" Steve opened the door and we all began to pile into Hopper's police car. Steve hopped into the car and I was the last one to enter, closing the door behind me and sitting in the front seat.

I gave Hopper an apologetic smile, since he was obviously confused.

"Come on, let's go! Let's go! Come on! Okay! Let's go!"

*Time Skip*

"6767... I will be here," Hopper was on the phone, he was trying to contact an 'army' or something like that. The person on the phone most likely replied before Hopper placed the handset back onto its cradle, which was on the wall.

"They didn't believe you, did they?"

This house was nostalgic to me, in a good and bad way. It was fun at some points, but others, it was awful.

"We'll see,"

I was tired, then and in the present. In quite a few different ways. But I was mostly literally tired. I hadn't slept in peace in days. I looked over to Will, who was on the other couch.

"We'll see? We can't just sit here while those things are loose!"

He looked so peaceful. He was unconscious, but he was at peace. The peace still showed through him, even if he was 'possessed'.

Well, now I have hope. Hope that he doesn't actually hate me.

"We stay here, and we wait for help." Hopper responded, leaving the conversation. He then walked down the hallway of the Byers' residence, most likely going to 'comfort' Joyce.