Thirty Eight: Time

Unedited
content warning

Sierra «

I heard only a slight gasp from Reese in the back seat, indicating that he'd saw what I sent.

I can't believe I did it. I've thought about it for a while...but I've always been afraid.

One thing that changed when I arrived at my aunt's house was my relationship with my body. She never made me feel ashamed or sad about it— she actually encouraged me to embrace it.

Well with that newfound confidence, I found myself taking more pictures of myself. Sometimes..without clothes.

I never saw myself actually sending them to anyone...especially in a car with another person, but I thought it could be fun. I don't do many things that are that type of fun.

I kept my eyes straight ahead as Reese was dead silent in the backseat. I couldn't bring myself to look back at him. Who knows what he's thinking right now?

I looked down at my phone for a potential response.

Reese:
I'm fucking you today Sierra.

My stomach dropped instantly.

I couldn't tell if I was afraid....or enthralled. Maybe both?

"So. What are the plans for when we arrive?" Cynthia said, interrupting me mid-thought.

I almost forgot she was even here.

"I'll probably show Sierra around a bit while everyone's off doing their thing. Since she's never been."

"Great idea. If it wouldn't trouble you two too much, you could take the bags to our rooms. We're running a bit behind schedule, and the adults have spa appointments booked."

"That won't be a problem at all."

I refused to look at him, but I could tell he was smiling.

"Does that work for you Sierra?" Cynthia said looking over at me briefly.

"Y-yes."

I could feel Reese's eyes staring at me. It wasn't uncommon he did this, but at this moment it felt so much different. It felt like he was beckoning me to look back at him, knowing I wouldn't be able to do so. It was like a teasing stare, one meant to provoke me.

-

Reese «

For the rest of the car ride, Sierra's aunt did most of the talking. I noticed that Sierra didn't speak up once, she didn't even do so much as look back at me.

I wanted that reaction.

I wanted my text to get into her head...and it seems as if it did.

Once we arrived at the Resort, her and Cynthia gawked at the large mountains in the distance. With more of us now crowding together..she did a nice job avoiding me.

We'll see how long she keeps it up.

"Alright, alright. Here's what we're gonna do-" My dad began to say, once everyone was together in the parking lot.

"Uhh who put you in charge? Okay, here's what's about to happen-" His brother interrupted.

"Both of you please. I'm the one who has the itinerary." My mom said, holding up a little folded paper. "For the adults here..our massages are in ten minutes, and it's about a five minute walk from here. Noel, thirty bucks if you take the boys to the kid's park for the afternoon."

"Deal." She immediately agreed.

"Sierra and Reese? You two agreed to take the bags up to the rooms right?"